Chapter 5: The Ol' Switcheroo

*Courtney's POV*

'Hello Courtney." Ian said. His dark cloud descended from the sky and once it landed, he stepped off and walked towards me.

"Come with me Courtney, come with me on my journey to take over the world."

"Eh, sure why not." I said. He held out his hand and I took it. He led me onto his cloud and once I stepped on, the cloud took to the sky's. It was kind of seeing Ian this evil; we were best friends in the real world.

"You'll stay in my dark fortress." Ian said out of nowhere. "Then, we'll take over the world!" Ian said as his eye's turned red and he laughed evilly. I watched as Ian wrote down names of innocent people and them dying.

"Ian, how did you become like this, so evil?" I asked.

"It was very simple. I sold my soul to Satan in exchange for power and eternal life. You should try it, evil would look good on you." Ian said, tugging the corners of his mouth into a smirk.

"Um, thanks. I guess." He was trying to get me in bed or to sell my soul. I'm gonna go with both. After me being traumatized with innocent people's death, we arrived at... Alcatraz? Why did he take me to Alcatraz?

"Welcome to my dark fortress, Courtney."

"Your fortress is Alcatraz?"

"Yes, I took it over and used the prison levels to imprison those who dare defy me." We landed on the roof and all the hooded men and Ian walked off. Ian offered me his hand and I took it and hopped off the cloud. Ian placed the Death Note on a pedestal which was in the middle of a pentagram. All of the hooded figures kneeled around the pedestal. Now I know where the Death Note was being kept.

"This is Garganoff," Ian said pointing to one of the hooded men, "He'll take you to your room. I'll see you at dinner my love." Ian said.

"Come Courtney." Garganoff said. His voice was deep, and scary. He lead me into the prison and through hallways. They were decorated with satanic tapestries, torches and other stuff that's horrifying. I took note of how to get back to the roof. He lead me to two huge, wooden double doors.

"Here is your room. I'll get you when it's dinner time."

"Ok, thanks Garganoff." Once he left the room, I decided to text Noah.

C: I'm in Ian's Fortress aka Alcatraz

N:wtf

C: i know where the death note is, im gonna go switch them

N: yessss courtney

I grabbed my bag and went to check the doors. They're unlocked thank god but before I walked out, I ate a cookie. I've gotta hand it to Holy Anthony, he can make a good vegan cookie. I snuck out and ran back to the roof. Once I got to the roof, I checked if the hooded guys were gone and they were. All according to plan.

"Alright Courtney let's save this dimension." I said to myself. I grabbed the Death Note and put the Life Note cover on it. Then I placed the Life Note with the Death Note cover on it back onto the pedestal. I went back to the staircase and checked if the coast was clear then ran as fast as I could back to my room. Once I got back, I jumped on my bed and rolled around with a huge smile on my face.

"Yes, yes, yes I did it! Now gotta text Noah."

C: the books have been switched

N: Hey Courtney this is Holy Anthony. Good job! Now all you have to do is write Ian's name down in the book and we'll grab you.

C: k

I grabbed the book in my bag and my pen. I wrote down Evil Ian Hecox and hoped it would work. I placed the book back in my bag and heard a knock at the door that made me jump.

"Come in." The door opened and Ian walked through.

"Hello Courtn-" He said before passing out.

"Yes he's dead! That's not weird to say... at all." Now I gotta get to the roof.

I ran through the halls and to the roof. I saw a white cloud flying towards Alcatraz and saw Holy Anthony and the rest of the squad on it. At the same time. I felt people grabbing me.

"Let go of me!" I said, kicking and trying to get free of their grasp. The cloud everyone was on landed and everyone scrambled off.

"Let her go, sinners! You have no more power now that your leader is dead."

"Well she killed Master Ian, we must get revenge."

"Get revenge on your own time bozo's." I said, "Satan promised Ian eternal life and power right?" I said.

"Yes, why?"

"Well Ian is dead, so maybe your leader is lying to you and misleading you. Join us, and help us."

"We, uh, sure. We'll join you."

"That was easy." A that was easy button said as Shayne pressed it.

"Do you just have one of those on hand?" Olivia asked.

"Yup." Shayne said. I grabbed the Death and Life note and hopped on the cloud.

"We'll be here if you need us." Garganoff said.

"Ok, bye!" I said, waving.

"YASSS COURTNEY!" Olivia said. Everyone was congratulating me and it felt great.

"Good job Courtney and Smosh Squad, you completed the second trial." Holy Anthony said as we flew back to Sacramento.