A Fathers' Love

I'm Andrea a fresh graduate and trying to apply for a job and start a new life. When my interview starts, some things are flashing back to me when my employer asked me why I left my hometown. I asked myself why did I. And it came to my mind something.

I was eating alone and its already past 7:00 in the evening. I can hear her loud voice fighting with him through her phone. Its been 3 years since I learned to eat alone and I'm tired like this. At my age of 6, I should be living with a happy family, a dinner with a mother and father beside me or even watch t.v or go out with me. I even don't understand why they're like this. I was daddys' girl and every night I wait for him to come home. I was going to my room when I heard her crying from inside her room. I can't do anything or even wipe her tears. I let her cried and enter my room. I was sleepy and it's already 10:00 and he'll be home soon. I heard his car and I rush through the window to see him.

It was dark and I can see him inside his car. I was excited to kiss him good night and tell me bedtime story. But I had the answer to my questions about mom crying almost every night. I was there. I was standing through the window watching him kissing someone inside his car. I stepped back and lye on my bed.

"Where were you?" Mom told him.

"I had a meeting and had a drink with my co-workers."

"Meeting? Co-workers? Great. Now, Michael is lying? I called him and he told me you went out in your office at 6:00." she said.

"You know? I'm tired. I need rest and you're drunk."

"No. We talk right now." she said.

"Mommy. Daddy. Are you fighting again?" I said and cried.

"No baby. Mommy and daddy are just talking to each other. You go back to sleep ok?" daddy said.

"What about my bedtime stories?"

"Ok. Let's go to your room." he said. "Once upon a time there was a princess named Cinderella. She live with her her stepmother and two step sisters. Good night baby."

I wanted to kick his butt that night but I'm so afraid to have a broken family. I woke up and get up when I saw Mommy with her bags.

"Where are you going mommy? Are you leaving us?" I said.

"Mommy is just going to have vacation ok? I'll be back." mommy answered.

"Mommy please don't leave. Daddy. Stop her. Please."

"Bye princess." she said.

I didn't expect this would happen. I never had the chance to be with her. Brush my hair and teach me how to put make ups or even teach me how to dress. I didn't have the chance to hell her how much I hate him for hurting her and now she's paying for his fault.

"Hey An. Are you with me?" my employer told me.

"Yes ma'am. What was your question?"

"Why did you left your hometown for New York?"

"It's not just about the money I will get from my job or even the place I've been dreaming of to stay but I just want to follow my dreams and cross the path I just entered and choose and I'm ready to face any consequences or challenges just to be able to reach my dreams and start a new life." I answered.

Why I didn't just tell her what really happened? I left my hometown to leave all those sufferings and wanted to have a new life here. But I don't want to think again what really happen.

"Well. Welcome to the company and we are so lucky to have you."

"Am I?"

"Yes you're hired."