Chapter 1

Greetings folks.

Well, this is it. My first book and my most beloved one (duh). Please don't steal it and enjoy reading it. And remember that I don't update regularly...that means any update could take over a month or in just a week :P Thats all I have to say now... enjoy and vote/comment if you like :3

**********

Chapter 1

By LeMarkHamster (Mark Evans)

Wattpad Edition

Copyright © 2013 Mark

All rights reserved

----------------------------

    It was a warm morning as the alarm clock rang in its rhythm of beeps, announcing that it was the time to wake up. The rays of warm and golden sunlight entered the room through a small window in front of a desk and fell on a sleeping figure, covered with blankets. The figure twitched and moved as the beeping of the alarm made him come back to reality from his world of endless possibilities. A hand extended from somewhere deep within the blankets to stop the clock from making that noise. It lazily sled to a table near the bed where the sound was supposed to come from. It slowly crawled over all the objects, which were thrown carelessly on it, until it finally found what was supposed to be the clock. He pushed some buttons on it but only made it worse. Instead of stopping the sound, he made it ring even louder. Startled, he jumped out of his sleep to see what had happened but lost his footing, which threw him to the floor. His head banged loudly on the floor which started throbbing after a few seconds. Clutching his head with one hand, he stood up and stopped the alarm, which was beeping even louder. He was sure that he must have awakened the house.

 The room was maintained but dusty. A bed stood against one side of the room, opposite to the door. A small wooden desk stood in front of a window. The walls were had a few colorful paintings of ancient gods and epic battles hanging from some of his wooden walls. A lone wooden cupboard stood in a corner of the room. The conditions were not the same for all the teenage boys of the world. Their rooms were rather messed up and dirty; yet they find things easily from that mess rather if things were kept properly in order.

Adam rubbed his eyes, yawning hugely while getting out of the bed, putting on his shirt. He went near the window, squinting his eyes to adjust to the illuminated world outside. It was a bright, cloudless sky with dazzling white snow covering the landscape. His eyes widened as he realized that it must have snowed the last night, which meant that the deers must have come from higher altitudes to the greater forest on the northern border of the village. Below him, the children built snow forts and snowmen or simply threw snow at unsuspecting people then laughing under their breath, as they looked away, pretending as if nothing had happened. The mountaintops were the things, which truly caught his attention. The snow-covered peaks looked breathtaking in the morning light as the sun colored them in shades of yellow and orange-which made them look as if they were made of gold-with the bright blue sky behind them. The village was surrounded by mountains which made it appear as if the gods themselves were watching upon the village. Small brown houses made of wood stood scattered throughout the snowy landscape, with their roofs covered with snow from the snowfall.

Adam ran downstairs for breakfast with his uncle’s family. Their house was a small cottage situated alongside an ironsmith’s shop. His uncle was a farmer and Adam with his cousins helped him in farming. Adam was fifteen and average height for boys of his age. He had sparkling green eyes and a pale skin with curly and auburn hair. He was not muscular like his cousins but rather a thin person. Apart from working with his uncle and his cousins, Adam was in the village militia, which was compulsory for everyone-as the accursed President could wipe their village as he had done with many others. He was fairly good with a gun and can shoot a bull’s eye from two hundred yards. Even though he was not good in interaction among other children in his age group, he was the best in throwing knives.