On the job

'Twas 12:00 at night , the usual time that I work. This is because at night most snobs are sleeping, and I assume a princess would be the same, It's not that when I work at night it's because I'm scared of getting caught. I work at night because it's simply easier. Of course to kill this 'Princess Delilah' I had to go all the way to this castle in the middle of nowhere, so on my way I saw a black carriage I figured it belonged to someone dark... Well anyway I killed whoever was inside and the rider ran away so I tore the horse away from the carriage and jumped on it, turned out it was quite a fancy riding horse. A sleek black middle with brown on it's head and and milky white socks. I decided to keep him and name him 'night' since he was a dark horse, carrying a black carriage whilst the stars were out.

The disadvantages of working at night is that you can barely tell where you're going with the darkness but I knew that the road I was on was leading to a castle, whether it's the right one. I'm not sure. The hooded man explained the route to the castle very clearly, he seemed really determined to kill this princess. I should've asked why but I guess that's none of my business. When I do get a job from someone, I usually don't care about why they want me to kill them or what's the problem with them. I just do it. but with this hooded figure, I could tell something was off.

Why was he hooded? Why a princess or a lady? Did she break his heart? Well he looked like a peasant, but he could easily be disguised and I'm just assuming that Princesses can only marry rich men or princes. I asked the boys if they saw him around before but they didn't recognise him at all. We all found him really dodgy, the boys think that he only came in to hear my story since they don't recall selling him any drink. Suddenly I see a light coming from a window, I squint my eyes and realised it was a castle. I didn't think anybody would be awake at this hour. Well, too bad I guess I'll have to work a bit harder with this one then. I take 2 of my guns out of my belt and I make 'night' gallop as fast as he can. I can see the entrance, there are 2 guards right in front of the door, it's obvious I can't go through there anyway because that would be stupid. I remember the hooded figure telling me that the princess' room is in the third turret on the second floor. I squint a lot harder and I see a mote. I have to see how deep it is and whether me and Night can manage to jump over it.
We come as near as possible. I put my guns back in my belt, jump off Night and run straight up to it. I can't see the bottom of it but from what I can see it looks quite narrow, I ponder whether I should risk jumping over it with Night or I should use the reigns, that I stole off the carriage I got Night from, to use as a tight rope to crawl over or something. I decide my second option, I tie Night to a tree and I wrap a hook that I brought from the inn to the reigns. I attempt throwing the hook over to the other side of the mote once, it worked but I didn't think it was secure enough to carry me. So I try another time with more force, the hook dug into the ground quite deep. It was enough. I took a deep breath and held onto the other end of the reigns with all of my force, I make sure that I'm at the very edge of the mote and... I jump, I swing and I just about manage to keep my hands above the water. I slowly take one hand off the reigns and get one of my daggers from my belt, then I do the same with my other hand. Now that I have two daggers in both hands I raise my hand as high as I can with force and pierce the inside of the mote. I let go of the reigns and use my daggers to pull me up and out of the mote. I'm almost at the top and I throw my arm on top of the surface I help myself up brush the dust and water off me and that's when I realise I'm surrounded by guards.
Haha.  "Hehe, whoops. Sorry, you must've heard me" I throw my daggers to the ground, they let out a sigh of relief. "my bad!" I say! I flip out my gun in a flash and even though I'm clearly out-numbered they look worried, one of them ran towards me and attempted to impale me with their sword but I ditched it, I drop my gun and pulled out my sword and managed to just about slit his stomach. One down. 1,2,3,4,5. 5 of them now, okay let's roll. I knew that as soon as I used my gun the whole castle would hear. I flip it back in my belt as fast as possible and manage to pick up one of my daggers from the ground.
"Lets dance." I muttered. Three came at me, all three from one side. I hold my sword out and spin I caught all three of their throughts. Two more. One takes out a gun and the other charges straight at me. I step aside and impale the one with the gun from behind with my dagger. I then slit the thought of the last one. Done.
I gather and clean all of my weapons and return them all to my belt, I also dig the hook out of the ground and unwrap it from the reigns, I wrap them both to my belt. Then I looted the guards and look back at Night, he seems happy. I smile and make sure that there are no more guards coming. I look up to see where I am around the castle, I notice that I'm not too far away from the main entrance. I can see the first turret not too far from where I am, I run around towards it and I keep on going until I see the second turret then when I reach that one I keep on running until after what seems like hours I finally reach the third turret.
This castle is huge. I look up... And up... And up. I didn't really realise how tall the turrets were. I could just about see the second floor window. That's it, that's the one. I don't know how the heck I'm going to get there. I scratch my head, there's no way the reigns are long enough to be able to reach there.
I see the room with the light near the turret. There's someone awake near the princess. Hmm. I run around the turret searching desperately for a door or a whole that I can sneak in. Then I see it. a door. It's not straight to the turret but it leads to a corridor straight into it.
I run to it, it's locked. I use my hook and a corkscrew to get the lock out of the way. I open... I opened a door to the most beautiful, elegant, most colourful corridor I have ever seen in my entire life. I gasp and I gape. I'm in awe. I shake it off, and carry on walking up this beautiful red carpet leading to another door. There are paintings of gorgeous royalty with these wonderfully made dresses and gowns. I've never worn a dress in my life, I never liked the sort of style that most of the ladies dressed as. But this... This is different. I'm suddenly distracted when I hear a torch being lit. The paintings look even better in light. I spun around, someone was coming I took a gun out of my belt and as quietly and quickly as possible ran towards the turret. I hear footsteps. I turn the knob of the door to the turret. It's locked, there's no time. The door's wood, I kick with all my strength and it opens. The footsteps stop. They turn around... They're probably getting guards? No time! I run! not quietly, fast. I reach a staircase, this is it. I stumble up them, still with my gun in my hand I reach a door. I don't attempt to see if it's locked (bang) I kick it open. I gasp. It's the most precious, innocent gorgeous creature sitting right in front of me.