Chapter 1

" Is it safe for the night?" I asked the group. It looked like a pretty bad spot but I'm not sure exactly where we are. It was underneath a tow truck and some trees. Looked pretty hidden but appears that someone has been here recently... " I don't think so shailee, maybe for a few hours but not a full night". Oh yea... My names Shailee, I'm 15, the youngest out of the group. There's Matt, Georgia, and my boyfriend Ash.
Matt is my brother, he's 18. His girlfriend is Georgia who is 17 and Ash is 16. Some groups were formed by friends, others family. Some groups were even formed by talents and skills. Matt is the leader of our group. We try to stay hidden and unknown, It gets rough. We are always bouncing from town to town. "Shailee stop daydreaming! We've been here for 2 hours, we need to go in the next minute. I think I see Damian's group coming."
" I'm ready Matt, let's go".
So you might be wondering what's happening in the world,Why everyone is in groups and why we are taking cover under a tow truck and some trees. Is this the whole planet, or just U.S. Well it's the whole planet, at least that's what we've heard. It all started when there was an agreement that the planet should be a free place with no law. So it is. We have no one to tell us what to do or tell us where to go. There are safe houses to buy things like weapons, food, water, and the holy grail of soda. Each safe house has three vending machines. Food, drinks, and weapons. There are also video games and some things like bowling and lazer tag. But those cost a little more to get into. Now are group looks around for a safe house. Safe houses are usually a day or so apart. " isn't that a safe house Matt?"
" Yes Sweetie, that'd be a safe house." We walk into the safe house and there are some familiar groups. Damien's, faiths, and Kason's. All fairly well known in this area. In safe houses, there is no fighting aloud. It's a spot to get some rest and refill on ammo. "Let's sleep here for the night," I said to the group. A bunch of OK's and Alrights followed my question.