•Chapter Three• Her Morning Before The Storm

Frozen Heart Of The Ice King_________________________________

_________________________________

'Chapter Three'

To say that Freya was anxious about her early morning meeting with the current crowned king of 'Blue Misery', would be an understatement, an insult to her whole existing. Saying that she only felt that one singular emotion, would be a whole different thing all together.

For she was not only feeling anxious, she was also experiencing a severe case of nervousness, dread, excitement, fear, hesitation, thrill and anticipation all at once. Her emotions were jumbled, raw, unnerving, messy and uncontrollable.

You can say, she was unstable.

And that alone confused her on so many levels, that she couldn't bare it. To levels that are not known to mankind, levels that haven't been reached before. Well, they were unknown to us selfish and self-centered humans until our fierce princess discovered them all at once.

Her emotions were so terribly jumbled, confusing her to no end, that she barley closed her eyes last night. After lady Lavania retreated to her own chamber to sleep, calling it a night, Freya also decided that it was wise to catch a few hours of sleep before her grand meeting with the icy king. But unfortunately, the case itself was not that easy. She kept tossing and turning on her king sized bed, from side to side, unable to keep still for enough time to be calm, to actually give herself a chance to fall asleep.

She was so full of adrenaline, rushing threw her veins, creeping itself into her blood, making it impossible not to bounce around on her bed, keeping her awake in the cold, icy night in the much colder castle, thinking of the possibilities awaiting her, laying so carelessly in her path, awaiting for her to explore them, to touch, to feel.

And though she couldn't stay still enough to grasp her messy thoughts, wonders and fears, she couldn't ignore that one thought that keeps gnawing her from the inside, that one name demanding her full attention with all it's mighty power, clawing the insides of her head, her brain, her skull, claiming her as his own.

Sebastian.

Even though Freya insisted that she doesn't care about what the prince might think of her, we all knew that it was only a facade that she put on, a wall built solemnly to keep up appearances, to keep her strong in her unlikely position. A wall to protect her from the inevitable rejection of the prince.

She was sure of it and so, for that reason alone she thought that she needed to act tough, unaffected by all the madness surrounding her and uninterested by the whole thing.

For the sake of her people, she had to keep her insecurities hidden in the deepest part of her soul.

So when it was finally time to get up and face the current king and his son the prince, her future husband, she was composed, graceful, and no sign of distress was apparent on her beautiful and delicate features.