Pearl Story.

The horses were walking, and Amory was trudging behind with his head down. "So princess, now you will have not me but my father to deal with." I shuddered at that thought, "y-your father, the one that slapped me, a-and, could kill m-me with a look to his men." I could feel my self getting panicky, "Don't tell your father, just keep quiet, I would rather deal with you, I think." I heard Robin chuckle behind me, "I don't think you would want to deal with me, but I won't let father hurt you, to bad." My breathing started to quicken, I heard Robin laughing, "You don't take anything scary good, do you?" I thought for a minute, "What?"

Robin was dying laughing, "I ain't telling him nothing, I just like picking at you, it's fun, you get panicky, and flip out over the little things." I shook my head, "Your mean." He patted the top of my head, "Yeah, I know, after all, I am a de'Noir. I huffed at him, I thought for a minute, "Do you get amusement being mean to me?" He sighed, "Yep, I do." We kept riding I was looking at the trees, and around the woods. It looked as if the trees were dying, and the sun didn't want to shine here.

I wanted to ask Robin more about the curse, but I didn't know how, I thought and made questions up in my mind, "Robin, what-"  No, it would be weird if I said his name, maybe, "Why is the earth so dark on-"   He would think I was crazy asking like that. I thought longer, when bam, it hit me, "Robin, what is the darkside of Moonacre?" It came out just like that, well my mouth can be an open window connected to my brain sometimes. Wait to go, it officially has to get awkward now, because of me, ooops, my bad.

I felt him shift on the horse, "um?" He thought for a moment, I made Robin de'Noir question himself, well I guess I am not half bad, at making people nervous. "Well you seen it, it's nothing but wasteland, now." He almost whispered, now. It made the brain window pop open again, "Why, now?" Oooh, that irritates me when my mouth flaps, before I think, embarrassing. He sighed.

"Well, many years ago, the valley was peaceful, had wild game, family's got along, and there was a moon princess. She was going to get married to a Merryweather, and she was a de'Noir. She was like natures daughter, she was kind to all animals. She was kind to people, and plant's. She went to the shore line one night, it was before she got married. She walked into the ocean, and was swimming, I am sure playing with the dolphins she loved. She seen a box floating, onit, had carvings of a pale moon, with a deep blue sky, over an ocean, in it were the pearls. They were said to be from the moon them selves, and hold power that no one ever possessed. Anyways, long story short, on her wedding day, she reveled the pearls, her father, and husband got greedy, and that is the start the Merryweather, and de'Noir feud. While her soon to be, never was husband, and her father started to fight, so she said, "I curse this valley!" And you'll have to read this book that my father has, to get the rest of it, but it's really good."

I was shocked, Robin de'Noir reads, "you read?" Dang it open window, this thing needs to close, ugh. He snorted, "No, I heard the story was read to me every night." I laughed , "Oh I thought you read." I heard him take in a deep breath, "Let's get you in the castle, before father wakes up."