Chapter IX

"A witch wants a girl to open her mind and not listen through her ears, but through her eyes" the witch said.

Rhaenyra felt herself sucked into a small space. She was not sitting in the improvised bed anymore, she was not cold anymore.

Rhaenyra opened her eyes, she was in the Red Keep, but it was different. The witch was next to her, young and clothed.

"I'm naked" Rhaenyra pointed out.

"They can't see us, but if a girl worries that much-" a silk robe appeared, covering her body, "in this time, seventeen years ago, a witch was called Alissar" the witch said with a sad smile.

Rhaenyra looked around, they were in the throne room. A different man was sitting in the Iron Throne, he was blonde and his eyes were violet. A younger man was standing next to him, they looked very much alike.

"Is that the Mad King?" Rhaenyra asked Alissar.

"Yes, and next to him, Prince Rhaegar. Now, a girl needs to shut up, and learn" Alissar told Rhaenyra.

"Your Grace, everything is ready for Queen Rhaella and Princess Elia to go to Dragonstone" a servant told the King.

"My wife and children will stay here. Elia's health is fragile, I won't risk my unborn child" Rhaegar said.

It seemed that King Aerys was absent. He had a mocking smile on his face, probably remembering some torture. Aerys was holding the skull of a dragon, it was no bigger than a cat's.

"Father, Ser Jaime will stay here, Ser Barristan and I will go to the front... The soldiers need to know that their King supports them" Rhaegar said and left after receiving no answer from his father.

"I heard that your sister wed Robert Baratheon" Aerys said, almost spitting Robert's name.

"Really? I received no notice about it, Your Grace" Jaime lied, he knew of the wedding. And he knew her sister was with a child. It was Tywin's way of ensuring power after Robert won the war, because everyone but Aerys Targaryen knew he was going to win.

"I could kill you, Jaime. To punish your father for Treason" Aerys said absently, "but I won't, you have served me well, and you are only seventeen... You have a lot to live"

"Your Grace, you are bleeding" Jaime said, kind of ignoring the King's previous words.

"This bloody chair. If anyone sits here, they're going to have a pain in the ass" Aerys started laughing uncontrollably.

Jaime sighed and left the Throne Room. He followed the stairs to Elia's chambers. He could hear Rhaegar talking, but not with Elia, he was probably talking to Rhaenys and Aegon. The second had just been celebrated for his nameday, he looked very much like Rhaegar, while Rhaenys looked more like Elia but with the Targaryen eyes. Elia had seven moons of pregnancy, and she was fragile. After Rhaegar left, Jaime entered the room.

"Jaime" Elia smiled at him from her bed.

"Hello, Elia. How are you feeling?" Jaime asked worried.

"I'm fine, just a little tired. Rhaegar thinks I will die, he blames himself" Elia said, scowling after she felt the baby move.

"For what? Choosing Lyanna Stark over you and starting a war?" Jaime asked and then both of them laughed.

"No, not for that. My husband told me that if he had to chose again, he would chose her. I don't mind, if I had wedded a Dornish man, he would have lovers, but so would I" Elia said and smiled.