Chapter XIV

Nerillia saw as Ned Stark walked towards Sansa's direwolf, who had been chained to a post after the incident. He stroked Lady's fur, and let her lick the side of his face. Then, he took out a dagger.

"What are you doing, Lord Stark?"

"What your mother ordered me to" he sighed, "I suggest you turn away, Princess, you probably don't want to see this" he said as he looked sadly at Lady.

"And I am guessing you probably don't want to do this" Narillia kneeled next to him, getting mud on her dress. She petted Lady, who nudged her under the chin.

"Your mother-"

"Is not the King, Lord Stark. Did the King order you to put her down?" Nerillia asked, Eddard Stark lowered the dagger.

"Not explicitly, but your mother wanted-"

"I've recently noticed, Ned, that my mother, no, not only my mother, my family, we often get everything we want, we are never told 'no'. Perhaps it's time we learn that we can't always get what we want. Let me ask you one thing, would you rather do what my mother wants, or would you rather do the right thing for your daughter?" Eddard Stark sighed, looked at Lady and remembered Sansa's face as she realized the Queen wanted to kill her direwolf.

"What shall we do?" He asked, putting away his dagger.

"First, you got to trust me"

Nerillia heard Sansa sobbing, she had done it every day since Lord Stark put Lady down. While her crying was not of Nerullia's liking, she sympathised with the girl, she couldn't even begin to imagine how would it feel to loose Visenya. Once there, she would send word to Dorne, Oberyn would be the first to know, since he was closest to Elia, so probably, Nerillia's mother would have told him.

"Rhaenyra" she heard a hushed voice. It was Arya.

"Hey" Nerillia said, smiling at her, but Arya didn't notice, it was pitch dark.

"I miss Nymeria" Arya told her with a knot in her throat.

"I know you do, Arya. She's probably fine, though, she's a direwolf, after all" Nerillia told the little girl, taking her hand.

"Rhaenyra?" Arya asked.

"Yes?"

"Where is your friend? The smith that arrived to Winterfell" Arya asked her.

Edvard. On the last moment in Winterfell, he had told her that he would be going to the Wall. Nerillia didn't know why, but it became clear on why he had given her so amazing gifts before she left to the North. She missed her friend. He was the only person in the Seven Kingdoms she could trust blindly.

Nerillia thought before answering to Arya, it was not bad that he had gone to the Wall, but Edvard had told her as a secret, "He went to see his mother, she lives a little norther from Winterfell" it was not completely a lie, Edvard's mother had gone north when he was ten, she sent him all the money she earned.

"Will you marry my brother?" Arya asked after some time. They were both laying down in Nerillia's tent.

"I honestly don't know, little one. At first, I thought I would, but the truth is, I don't want to marry someone I don't love, and I don't think I love Robb" Nerillia told her honestly.

"Do you think your father will let you marry out of love rather than duty?" Arya asked her.

"Well, being the princess should have some privileges, don't you think?" Nerillia asked and they both laughed.