Chapter 12- Date Night: Part 2

HOPE'S POV

As I was driving, I was thinking out about how I lost to Jayden. I mean I did not let him win six times so I was trying to figure out how he had managed to pull that off. He told me he had never been there before. He must have a secret hobby or something. When I looked at him he was smiling staring straight onto the road. He must have something he is not telling me. I didn't want to ask because that mean I sound like a sore loser and I was not a sore loser. I must have thought about it for ten minutes because before I knew it, we were at our next stop.

                                                                RYAN'S RAD ROLLER SKATING

I looked over at Jayden. He was smiling and then when he read the sign, it faded. I raised my eyebrow and he got out of the car. Weird if I must say so myself. I got out and walked over to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked concerning.

"Yep," he stated. He popped the "p" and looked around avoiding my eye contact.

"Look at me," I commanded. He stayed looking at the trees. I grabbed his chin and made him look at me. His blue eyes met my brown ones. I took in every part of his face from his brownish blonde shaggy hair to his blue eyes with thick lashes. I leaned in so our lips brushed, barely a kiss. I pulled away with a smile and I could tell he wanted more. He smiled and I dragged him into the roller rink.

Once inside, it was dark and lit up by LED lights and various lighting floating around. There was currently a birthday there so the rink was not too crowded and the arcade was full of different games that we could play later. The place flashed and the song No By Meghan Trainor was playing. I walked us over to the counter where they had the rollerblades or the rollerskates. Personally, I liked the rollerblades so I got them in a size six while Jayden got his size in a size nine.

I dragged him to the tables and put on my rollerblades as he did the same. I stood up and stuck my hand out. "Are you coming?" I asked.

"Um.. in a minute. Why don't you go out there and I will be there shortly," he said hesitantly.

"Are you sure? Shouldn't we go on together?" I asked.

He gulped and responded, "Yeah we should, but I want to sit here first so go ahead."

"Alright. I will be back in five minutes if you haven't moved," I said teasingly. I figured he knew how to roller-skate considering he seemed like he could do anything.

I moved past the people, the snack bar and finally stepped onto the roller rink. I was so excited to be back. I used to work here when I was younger since the manager was a family friend of my dad's but when we moved, he sold the place to some Indian people, I have never met.

I sped around the rink as if I was flying. Before we moved to Paris, I used to come here with my younger brother, James, and we would race each other and twirl around as if we were the bosses of the place. This was our place like the go karts was Chase, my older brother, and I's place. I looked back to where I left Jayden and he was still sitting there. I thought came to my mind and that's when it hit me. He did not know how to rollerblade. Casually, I strolled back over to where he was sitting. He smiled nervously and looked down again.

I pulled the seat to sit at the same time as I said, "You don't know how to rollerblade, do you?

His head shot up and I heard him whisper, "No."

That's cute. He was embarrassed and nervous which clearly he did need to be as he could probably catch the hang of it. I stuck out my hand once again.

"Come on," I said.

"What?" he replied.

"I am going to show you how to rollerblade," I said.

"I don't know. You seem pretty wobbly out there," he commented with a grin on his face. I smacked him on the arm and took his hand helping him stand up. We were pressed against each other's bodies and I was blushing. Thank god it was dark in here. I pulled back and lead him to the rink. He wobbled and gripped on to me tightly.

"Okay, put one foot onto the rink and then put the other one on. Like this," I explained. He followed my instructions but nearly slipped. He squealed and gripped onto the wall. I laughed and pulled him off. I held his hand in mine and we went off skating. After explaining what to do, we seemed like we were on a good start but I spoke too soon. Before I knew it, we were on the floor and he was on top of me straddling me. He grinned and I blushed thinking of us in this position.

"You need to get off me first," I said.

"I don't know how. What if I fall?" He asked

"Then you fall," I laughed as he stuck his tongue out.

We went around the rink for another twenty minutes until we left and made our way to our final location. It was like nine o'clock so we were both pretty hungry. I took him to a diner called "Dede's Diner". The hostess lead us to our table and gave us the menu's. I used to come here all the time with Daisy's whenever we could so I thought why not bring him. We both pushed the menu's aside.

"Hello! My name is Mandy and I will be serving you today. What can I get you to drink?" Mandy asked.

"An Oreo shake with no whip cream," we both said at the same time. I turned and looked at him and he had a smile on his face.

"And to eat?" Mandy asked us.

"A cheesesteak but without the onions, please," we both said again. This time I was wide eyed and he had his eyebrow raised.

"Okay, you two are weird but it's cute," Mandy replied scampering off.

"Look's like we have more in common than we think," Jayden replied.

"Yep," I said staring at him. "Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"Only if I can ask you one,"

"Deal. How are you so excellent at go karting?"

"I knew you would ask me about that. Let's just say, I race cars for fun,"

My mouth went wide and I looked at him in shock. That's why he was so good. I get it and now I know, it made me like him even more. I mean I thought he was this good boy type but now I am seeing a wild side.

"Look, I know what you're thinking. I shouldn't race. I could get injured or killed bu-,"

I cut him off saying, "No. No. I mean, yeah, it is dangerous but it's cool. I thought I liked you before you told me that but now it makes me like you even more. Do your parents know?" I said as clam as I could.

"No. They would kill me if they found out. They want me to do something in business or become a lawyer but it's not my passion,"

I nodded like I understood. I don't know what I want to do yet. I haven't thought too much about it.

"So how come you are so good at roller skating?" Jayden asked

"Oh, I used to go there a lot and I worked there for a couple of years," I stated as vaguely as I could. He does not know the truth about my family and Daisy yet and I did not want to talk about it yet because it was a hard subject to think about. That is why I am so built up. I am trying to get better though. Tonight by taking him to all the places I used to go brought back so many wonderful memories and I had to fight the urge to cry. I was breaking down my wall for him and I was scared but I still had time to continue it.

Once the food arrived, we ate all of it and talked about normal stuff before we went back into his car. As we drove back to my house, I thought about how it was a successful date for the evening.

Author Note

Do you still like the second part of the date? Do you like to rollerblade? I like to rollerblade a lot so I thought why not make that the second part of the date Hope planned.

Thanks and continue to comment/vote!