Chapter 3: Night Life (Part I): Just Like Old Times

Caitlyn's Journal:
Nothing much really to write here. The assembly day wasn't all that bad. Being the detective I am, I just decided to spend my day observing the campus just to get a feel for it. However, the highlight of today will come later. From what I heard, many of the champions and summoners will be out and about at night, enjoying the final bits of vacation they have until classes and placements begin for the season. I just plan on going out with Vi, Jayce, and Ezreal.

The sun set over the horizon of Valoran, leaving a beautiful orange lit sky dotted with clouds along with the warming touch of the sun's rays. Street lights began turning on, glowing a soft bluish white to light the paths of the campus. Many of the surrounding campus shops began preparing for the night as well, turning on lights to let everyone know that they were welcome. Few by few, champions and summoners began pouring into the campus plaza. Most of the champions and summoners wore casual clothes while some still donned their standard outfits.

As the sun continued to set, the sky painted itself dark blue over the lush orange sky as time passed on. The moon shone brightly above with with the stars twinkling in the distance. The pavement at the edges of the shops were illuminated from the bright lights in the shops, making it seem as though day never left. The air was filled with the joyous and excited chatter of the students and the mix of delightful smells of freshly made food from the restaurants and cafés nearby. Caitlyn, in her usual purple combat dress, sat at one of tables outside of Pantheon's Café. Her signature top hat sat atop the table while her trusty rifle rested beside her chair. With a cup of jade green tea in one hand and the small dish in the other, she gingerly took a sip, taking in the unique flavor and aroma.

"Ah... I always fancy a nicely brewed cup of tea," Caitlyn said to herself. While waiting for Jayce, Vi, and Ezreal to arrive, Caitlyn took sight of the massive plaza set before her eyes. What really grabber her attention was the activity at the center of the plaza. There, light blue holographic screens appeared and disappeared when summoners and champions alike called them forth. From what Caitlyn deduced, this techmaturgical wonder allowed the viewer to pull up statistics, view rankings and placements, information, view and plan schedules, and so much more. The wonders of hextech technology. Caitlyn was lost in observation that she didn't notice Vi sitting across from her in the opposite seat.

"HIYA CUPCAKE!" Vi yelled out the moment Caitlyn turned her head.

Caitlyn blinked twice, and with a very delayed reaction, jumped back in her seat and fell over. Ezreal and Jayce, who were standing by Vi, rushed over to help Caitlyn up.

Rubbing her head and sitting back down in her seat, with a winced face mumbled to herself, "Caught flat footed..."

Vi took a munch out of Caitlyn's cupcake and with a full mouth asked, "So. You ready for night life? Let's have some fun!"

Caitlyn grabbed her top hat and rested it on her head and slung the rifle over her shoulder. "Always ready," she replied with a smile.

The Piltover trio and Ezreal slowly walked around the busy streets of the campus, window shopping, catching up with other champions, and meeting summoners. Vi seemed very enthusiastic about night life, as she was always moving around quickly and interacted with everyone with lots of energy.

With heavy breathing, Caitlyn stopped momentarily and doubled over tiredly with both hands on her knees. "Vi! Slow down! We can't keep up!"

Vi yelled back, "There's so much to do in so little time, Cupcake! We gotta keep moving!" She continued sprinting off to whatever would attract her attention next.

Jayce and Ezreal stood in the back, smiling awkwardly at the situation at hand.

Ezreal sighed and said, "She sure is enthusiastic about this..." he pointed out.

"It's not really her fault," Jayce replied honestly. "She likes doing things her way. Plus, classes start tomorrow, so I'm just assuming she's trying to have as much fun before going through a daily routine, which she absolutely hates."

Ezreal looked at the ground with a hint of disappointment. "Yeah, but I feel like she's not getting the full experience by rushing around blatantly. As an explorer myself, I just feel that truly having an experience comes through slow pace and observa-"

Jayce interrupted Ezreal by puting a hand on his shoulder. "Well, people have different ways of doing things, especially creating memories and enjoying one's self. Even if it's not orthodox."

Both boys stared out at the two ladies in the crowd running around, seemingly having the time of their life.

It was just like old times back home at Piltover.

End Part I of "Night Life".