8

3rd person//

"'Kay Yoongs, what's burdening your poor heart to-day?" Namjoon started to trail off at the end as he looked up from his nails - that he'd been inspecting in case there was any dirt under them - and at the screen, where definitely-not-Yoongi was.

"Hi." Seokjin smiled widely and waved at Namjoon.

Fuck, me is what Namjoon managed to actually not say out loud, but think. He didn't mean fuck me as in fuck me, but fuck me as in fuck me that's him. "Hi?" He raised a tentative hand and waved back at the pixelated blond sitting on the other end of the video call.

"Name's Seokjin, I'm Yoongi's friend." Seokjin stated proudly and put a hand on his chest, keeping that stupidly handsome smile on his face as he did.

"Yeah, I know." Namjoon immediately panicked and started to ramble for an excuse of some sort. "I-uh, I mean... crap. My name's Namjoon." Namjoon sighed in relief as Seokjin only chuckled and smiled, seemingly not creeped out at all.

"Ah, Namjoonie, where have I heard that before?" Seokjin furrowed his brows and hummed as he thought hard about that name, Namjoon.

"I- I don't know?" Namjoon answered quietly, as he was fairly certain that it was a rhetorical question.

"Don't worry 'bout it, I'll figure it out sooner or later." Seokjin laughed at himself for being so forgetful [even though that's not being forgetful to most, but it is to him. Like, I can't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday]. Namjoon shuffled awkwardly in his chair because even if Seokjin didn't seem to notice, he was very nervous. This, God, that he'd been 'stalking' for quite some time was now talking directly to him. He'd even made an Instagram account just so he could follow Seokjin. "You're very cute, Namjoon." Namjoon choked on his own spit as he heard these words travel out of his speakers.

"What was that?" Seokjin continued to smile his ridiculously handsome smile but added a weirdly cute laugh this time as well. Namjoon was too busy trying to force the blush down from his cheeks to notice the sudden sound that came from the bathroom, Seokjin however, noticed and immediately jumped out of the chair to check up on Yoongi.

His first instinct was to open the door, but it was locked, and now that he thought about it it was probably for the best. He then knocked on the door to see if he could get a response. "You okay in there, Yoongs?" Seokjin asked as he listened closely for any further sounds.

"I'm- I'm fine, don't worry," Seokjin swore he could hear Yoongi giggle - which technically was a good sign, but still a bit odd - and trying to calm down his breathing. Or rather, trying to calm down his laughter.

Seokjin hummed and shrugged. "Whatever you say." He stepped away from the door and walked over to the desk again. As soon as he came back into view he was bombarded with questions from Namjoon.

"How is he? Did anything happen? Is he hurt?" Namjoon sounded as worried, if not even a bit more than Seokjin had been before.

"He's fine. He was... laughing?" Seokjin crossed his arms over his chest as he sat down in the chair, almost falling over as he came to realise that it was a rolling chair and not a regular one. 'he shamefully rolled back over the floor to the computer, but Namjoon seemed like he was preoccupied with other things, so hopefully, he didn't notice the embarrassing mishap.

Seokjin stretched his back and his shoulders to sit properly in the chair, observing Namjoon intently as he picked up his phone and started to tap away at the screen. Two eye-rolls, a couple of groans and a gasp later Namjoon angrily locked it and looked up at the web camera again.