Chapter 11.

I haven't heard from Belle in a couple of days, but I've been keeping my guard up.

"Babe, did you hear about the murders that's been happening?" Kate asked as she scrolled through her phone.

"Yeah, I have. We have to be careful." I said, focusing on the road. We just got off work and just picked the kids up from daycare, and we're now driving home when we heard a car speeding down the road toward us. I panicked and went to the other lane, stopping at the red light. I heard crying and I looked over to see Kathleen lowering the window.

"It's one of my students. Jesus...are you alright?" She asked. The girl looked over at us and she was obviously drunk, her eyes red rimmed as she looked at all of us.

"Kathleen pass me the charger." I breathed. I smiled at the young girl who looked like she just got her heartbroken.

She was light skinned with blue eyes and short blonde hair.

Reminds me of Belle.
I looked away and plugged my phone in, scolding Ally for kicking the chair.
The girl sped off and I sighed.

"Is she okay?" I asked.
"I have no clue, but I told her to be safe. She's really smart, a little weird though."

"Huh."

We reached home and I decided to order some pizza, when my phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"Is this Annamarie?" A timid voice asked.

"This is she."

"It's Cherie."

"Oh, hi, Cherie! What's up?" I asked. I heard her heavy breathing and it made me uncomfortable.

"I need your help."

"What's going on? Are you okay?"

"I'm at Macy's and uh..I found this dress, and I don't know how to feel about it."

"Okay, send me a picture."

I heard shuffling and chuckled lowly as I heard her groan lowly. Kate walked into the kitchen, her eyes narrowed as she looked at me.

Then my phone buzzed. I looked at the text message and smiled as I saw the red dress hold her figure, perfectly.

"It's a perfect dress, just get some heels with it and you'll be set."

"Is it good enough to like..attract people?" She asked. I chuckled.

"Yes it is."

"Thanks." She hung up before I could reply and I shook my head.

"Who was that?" Kate asked, sipping her lemonade.

"My intern from work. She needed help picking a dress for the gala." I stated.

"Ah..since when do we help coworkers pick outfits out?" She asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't start.."

"I'm not starting anything. Just asking.." She chuckled, walking out of the kitchen. I chased after her, my hand finding her behind and she squealed.

"Mama! Don't spank her!" Salix yelled, glaring at me.

"Sorry little man."

"Yeah, you tell her, blue. Don't hit me."

I huffed and walked upstairs to my bedroom.

I couldn't sleep. My thoughts were running and I couldn't do anything about it, but suffer in silence.

I stared at the ceiling, watching it morph into different patterns in the dark.