The Escape and Aftermath

Suddenly, there was a thunderous racket of machine-gun fire: SWAT weapons splattering bullets everywhere. I felt the second storm of bullets zoom past centimetres above my head. The incessant roaring of police sirens grew louder. The horrifying screams grew louder. The cries penetrated my ears. Instantly, I rolled over: dodging the bullets which fluttered over me. I darted towards my parked up Porsche Carrera, closing the door just in time as bullets fearsomely dented the Satin red body.

I pushed the ignition button. The car sprang into life: I slammed my right foot down on the pedal. Nought to sixty in 2.2 seconds. Behind me SWAT four by fours and above them there was the RCC 6s helicopter. The propellers spinning violently along with the helicopter's light towering over m, following me as if it was my shadow. My arms were shuddering as I zoomed past a few verdant gardens. I approached a corner and recklessly dashed the wheel to my right hand side. I could smell the smoke created by the tires which slid behind me as I almost lost control. I glimpsed at my rear mirror to check if I had lost the SWAT team but what I saw was a young man with brown chestnut eyes and a bristly beard sitting uncomfortably within the passenger seat. His disapproving smile had defeated me. I knew I had lost but I also knew this man really well...

Rick!

The man, who made me who I am, but was now going to break me. The man, who I thought was my only friend, but was now going to be my only enemy. The only man who I blindly trusted with all my affairs. He had helped me to create my empire but was now going to take over it by killing me. He aimed at me furiously with his golden revolver. He stared at me the way an eagle tares at the lonely bird. His eyes were lined with anger and pain...

"You butchered my fiancé!" He spoke out aggressively with a hint of pain.

I replied in shock, "Rick, you were going to marry that disgraceful woman! I thought we hated her."

A cold and chilly shiver travelled down my muscular spine. My hands froze like ice. I had accidently let go of the steering wheel and the car spun out of control.

***

BOOM!

The clamour of the explosion was ear-piercing. It had been louder than a volcano erupting violently. My Satin Red Porsche Carrera had just insanely spun into a large group of trees. I had managed to leap out of the 180 mph car. I was gliding effortlessly through the air when I landed with a deafening THUMP! However, I was lucky and fortunate to be alive. My 1.1-million-pound car had just exploded into a ball of red, hot fuming flames. The scorching flames intensified until they stood as tall as towers. I was coughing profusely due to the poisonous and dangerous odour of the smoke which had silently crept within my lungs. The unstoppable roaring of sirens grew louder and louder. I jolted up and had only one thought on my mind.

Run!

But hang on, where was Rick?

I felt a cold and chilly piece of metal travelling along my chiselled jawbone. There was a deafening silence. In trepidation, I swerved my bloody head. And there he was, leaning over me like a tower...

My fate had been sealed. I was too tired to fight for my life. I had been defeated. I felt hot tears brimming over my cheeks as Rick appeared in front of me with his golden revolver. It was the first time I was crying but I had committed a jeopardous crime. Rick jerked open the golden cylinder. It seemed as if he wanted to play the Russian Roulette with me. No! It was the opposite. My heart jolted as one of the shiny metal bullets struck the floor and ricocheted before it lay motionlessly.

Rick snapped the golden cylinder shut and spun it several times. It was impossible to tell where the empty chamber was. I was going to die! Six chambers. One empty. Five containing bullets. A five in six chance! If he pulled the trigger, there were two possibilities: either nothing might happen or a piece of metal travelling two hundred miles per hour would bury itself into my skull. The silence was ear-splitting. Life and death were laughing at my face happy to see the state I was in. He smiled disarmingly and pulled the trigger...

Hana Patel