A Year of Surprises

Prologue:

I was your usual nerd, I read loads of books, I got good grades at school, and I had insecurities like every other girl, except that I knew how to have fun. Thanks to my best friend Kacey who has been with me through all our ups and downs no matter what life throws at us, and has taught me how to chug down 3 shots of vodka without breathing.

I was an only child, and my dad had passed away ever since I was 2 years old. But thankfully my mom found Phill, my stepfather who I love as much as I would have loved my father if he was alive.

My father had given his life fighting for his country, he was a respected solider in the US army and fought till the end of his life.

When my mother was young she met this bad boy with the name of Joey that she instantly fell inlove with from the moment she saw him he captured her heart and got her to do all these things that she never thought she would ever do. They went on a few dates and eventually started dating, and then they got me and had to get married. Thus, I was born and that was pretty much it. Mom told me how happy she was and how she had completely transformed and I was so fascinated by the idea of one guy changing your point of the whole world and I wished that I would meet someone like my dad. Who would take care of me and love me till the end of my life.

My best friend Kacey, I had met freshman year at college and we instantly hit it off. Kacey was more of a bold and feisty girl but she was still girly. Kacey got everyone's attention but like me didn't trust herself, she too was very self-conscious. I think she was more self-conscious than I was sometimes but that's only because she's super dramatic. She pays that all of though because despite that, she is a hotshot business woman that loves her job to death. Kacey would put her job infront of anyone even if it was me! That's just how much she loves her job and that's why I love her so much, she's so dedicated and makes promises that she truly keeps every single time.

As for me, I've been born and raised in Wisconsin, I'm really average, but after college I decided that I wanted to change my life a bit. Unlike Kacey who has already been accepted into a hotshot company i've decided to not look for a proper job until I've had a year of spontaneous behavior and utter drunk-ness that I will take advantage of. I'm really excited because it's something different, after 22 years of living with my parents I've rented out an apartment far, far away from my mum and Phill and I'm living under my own roof now. I got a job at a grocery shop that is close to my apartment so I can actually afford to sleep somewhere at night, and have a little extra for shots. Here goes nothing!

--------------------------------------------