Chapter 3

I wake up with the sun shining bright into my eyes that I have to squint because i had opened my eyes too fast. My alarm clock is ringing in my ears and right next to me on my bedside table. I stretch my arm out to try and shut it off but I'm greeted my something warm and smooth. Oh crap! I can't remember anything that happened last night and I'm pretty sure that those were solid abs that I just ran my hands through. I peeked from under my duvet as if the guy couldn't see me and it was Christian sleeping ever so sweetly. he looked like a baby and I could almost see angels assembled around him watching him sleep and protecting him from bad dreams. oh my gosh! I really hope I didn't sleep with him last night, I mean of course I wanted to but not like this. my head was blasting and I decided that I should probably get ready for work instead of ogling at this man in my bed. i'll deal with him later.

Thankfully, I made it to work on time and didn't get my hungover ass fired. I was now walking back home from work and I was glad the day was over because every inch of me was aching for a bath. I got home, and walked straight into my bathroom to run a bath when I saw Christian there shaving! I screamed like any person who walks in to their home and finds a man with a frosty the snowman beard would.

"Oh there you are, I was getting worried babe." he says ever so nonchalant and that just pisses me off even more. The way he acts so cool like he's ontop of the world. well big news buddy, you ain't king! at least not in this parallel universe.

"YOU! What are you doing here? Why haven't you left like I thought you would?" I was so close to screaming but remembered that I lived in a building where other humans with ears lived. This guy is going to give me a stroke. he just walks up to me and kisses my forehead. oh my friggin lord! should I scream or should I give him a kiss. I was too tired for both so I just ran my bath and went to my room to get rid of my work clothes.

After my much needed bath and time to think about all this I decided that I had some questions that needed to be answered. PRONTO!

I walked into my living room to see my most expensive bottle of champagne on the coffee table and two wine glasses. "Christian!" I was calling for him and boy was I raging mad.

"Yeah babe?" he came into the living room wearing just some sweatpants and unsurprisingly no shirt on.

"Don't call me babe, sit." I dragged him to the couch and made his sit, I then stood infront of him and put my hands on my hips. "you have a lot to answer for. so this is how it's going to go, I am going to ask you questions and your going to answer them, then your going to leave and go home. got it?" I looked at him sternly.

"Was that a question? did we start already?" he is playing the stupid card. I hit his head for that stunt.

"Ow" he says rubbing the spot I hit.

"Who are you really?" I ask as my first question.

"Listen I'm just a guy who made a smart choice in his life and had a happy ending."

"Explain further" I urge him to continue.

" Okay so when I was 19 I decided that I wanted to make the best clubs in town. so I had my club a year later and everything was going well until my ex-girlfriend decided to bankrupt me because she claims to have seen me with another woman and I was broke. so instead I opened up a bar and grill and that suited me even better. so basically, I am your bestfriend's boss."

Oh lordie ... !

"What happened last night between us?"

"Nothing happened, you were drunk and I took you home and I could t drive because I couldn't leave you alone so I decided to sleep here. I didn't think you would mind this much." he said looking into my eyes like he was pleading.

"Okay so we didn't ... You know?" I asked somewhat relieved.

He laughed before answering my question. " No Kenna, we did not have sex last night."

"Stop doing that! I hate when you baby me like I don't comprehend anything you say, like I don't speak English because I do!" I say to him and I stare at him a while after I say it.

"I'm sorry your just so adorable." he says before taking my chin in his expert fingers and leaving a chaste kiss on my lips. and suddenly I'm the dumbfounded one.