Chapter Three: Scary Gaurdian

Three weeks went by and before long the Lab had changed completely.

It wasn't just the new baby furniture and toys either.

The lab staff lived in the same constant terror as Sans now, wondering if they'd live to see tomorrow and it was all because of Baby Papyrus.

The little Horror was proving to be just that, scaring scientists carrying volatile chemicals, releasing deadly hybrid creatures from their cages, and pulling other dangerous pranks that got many assistants killed. Gaster had once joked about him being Comic Sans instead of Papyrus, but despite his calm demeanor the Royal Scientist was at his wits end. Most of the scientists he'd hired either quit or were killed...and some of them had even gone insane and committed suicide for unknown reasons, screaming that they "had" to...that it was "important."

A rumor had spread throughout the Underground that the Lab was an unholy cursed place. The Monsters would whisper about the Royal Scientist having accidentally created a demon that now crawled around within the building. Some would avoid the Lab whenever they could, but others were quite curious about the supposed demon baby and would make up excuses to enter the Lab and look for the evil creature as if they were at a zoo.

"Big Buther, why you cry?"

Sans looked at his baby brother, wanting nothing more than to disappear. He didn't answer him.

"Hellwoe? I's talkin' to you!" said Papyrus pressing a hand to Sans face.

"leave me alone pappy...just..just go away..." The older skeleton pulled his knees up and buried his head between them.

"NO! You talk to da' baby or I fill your wife full of misery and woe!"

My life's already filled with misery and woe.

Sans really didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment, but he too knew how dangerous it was to upset Papyrus.

Lab staff had tried to solve the problem themselves countless times, going against Gaster's orders and attempting to kill his brother in his sleep. Unfortunately for them, Papyrus didn't GO to sleep and if he was wrong then it was in a secret place no one knew of.

Sans would lie awake at night listening to his baby brother cackle like a baby witch in his crib and every now and again he'd hear someone enter the room only to scream seconds later after hearing Papyrus whisper...something, then in the morning he'd hear that another scientist had committed suicide.

Some of the lab staff in desperation tried to be kind to his little brother and even read him stories, but they would disappear eventually for days at a time, only to reappear later completely insane, muttering to themselves about rabbits and BEGGING others to play peek-a-boo with them. For a time Gaster tried looking up new ways to raise children on the Undernet, but nothing seemed to work on the little baby bones. Bribes, threats, time-outs, and even spankings did nothing but cause more problems and now they couldn't even be done.