Competitive Cowardice

"NYEH HEE HEE HEE!"

"NYEH HEE HEE HEE!"

"*Sigh* Why...why do you do this? You know that's not right."

"...I's ready to go Daddy..."

"No. No you're not."

"I's ready to pay in da' snow..."

"We're visiting the king," said Gaster, taking Papyrus's boots and putting them on correctly.

He should be doing this himself.

"The king in the snow pace?"

"No."

"He building a snowman?"

"NO."

"alphys is sick baby bro," said Sans opening a cabinet. "so i have to help dad work for the next few days. the king volunteered to babysit you for a while-"

"HE GONNA SIT ON DA' BABY?!"

"no pap-"

"HE GONNA SIT ON DA' BABY!"

"papyrus..."

"YOU GOTS TO TELL HIM I'S NOT AN EGG BIG BUTHER!"

"what...?"

"You gots to tell him I's not an egg! The king be reeeaal tall and stuff so when he sees a tiny skelly baby such as myself, he only see mah bald widdle baby head and he probably think 'wowie, I find-ed a tiny widdle egg on mah doorstep! I bet there be a baby chicken inside...I bedder sit on it, or is gonna get cold-"

"you're wearing clothes bro."

"Yeah, but he can't sees em' cause' he too big...Imma draw a smiley face on my head. Where the markers be?"

"You're not allowed to have markers."

"Dat don't mean I doesn't need em'. Baby is NOT a butt-plug."

"what's a butt-plug?"

Gaster sighed, already exhausted. He didn't want to bring Papyrus all the way to New Home, and he wanted to leave him there even less. King Asgore was the Underground's only hope of escape at the moment...the only solid one at least. He was Gaster's safety net of sorts if Sans turned out to be unable to teleport his brother past the barrier. Without the king, the royal scientist would be an even bigger nervous wreck then he was now, but no one else was willing to watch Papyrus and there was no way on earth the little troublemaker would leave them alone while they worked.

Picking up the baby bones with his wingdings so as to avoid being bitten, he looked the infant in the eye. "His Highness is very lonely Papyrus," he said gravely. "and what's worse is he doesn't know the full extent of your horrendous behavior. That means he's going to be spending a lot of time with you rather than simply leaving you to play his lost children's video games; that being said, you need to be kind to him. If he dies, there will be no one strong enough to wield the human souls and break the barrier, understand?"