Chapter III - Ashley

I couldn't believe her. I mean one look to the left and she's off with that new kid, stealing him away from me right under my nose at a glance. The blood rushed to my head as I felt my face turning red, clenching my fists. I was frustrated! The thought of whatever she could be doing to him right now made me sick. 

Applying another coat of lip gloss, I made sure nobody noticed my scowling expression which immediately transformed to a proud smile. I chased Stephanie and slowly followed her path, making sure she wouldn't detect me. 

I finally spotted her and glanced towards her direction, making sure it was just me and them along the twisty corridor. She was playing with her locks. Gosh! Couldn't she be any more obvious? Her elbow was in contact with his. I felt a surging sense in my gut. I was boiling from the inside but maintained a calm look on the exterior.  

But I don't get it? I've never gotten this feeling before 

Shaking my head from these ridiculous thoughts, I continued eyeing them. I wasn't concentrating on keeping my watch on the way and so, bumped into what seemed like a tall ogre. 

"Ash!" Julie screeched. 

"Shhhh!" I had both of my palms on my forehead, trying to recover from the accident, hoping none of them noticed. 

To my relief, they didn't. 

"What's wrong?!" Julie made no effort to lower her tone. 

"Nothing, something you want to tell me?" I asked her, annoyed, making sure they were a decent distance away from us. 

"Yeah, I heard Stephanie just made her first move on Eyas!" She finally decided to murmur. 

"Eyas?" I asked, trying to remember all the boys' names in our class.  

"Yeah silly! The new guy!" Julie had the dullest duck smile sketched across her face. 

I held my breath for a long sixty seconds. Eyas... 

Exotic much? 

Julie was now waving her hands frantically at my eyes, clearly trying to bring me back from "Lala" land.  

"Quit it!' I snapped. 

Gosh she can be irritating. 

"Ohh I'm sorry!" But she clearly didn't sound like it. She was giggling as she side-stepped, walking away. She winked back at me like she knew some deep secret of mines that even I didn't. 

Rolling my eyes, I straightened up, checking out my reflection on my pocket mirror. I heard voices at the end of the hallway and quickly stationed myself on the wall, suddenly extremely interested in my nails. I grasped it was them walking back to the lockers. I couldn't give them the impression that I was just stalking them. That's just plain creepy. 

And there is was. The same magnetizing force, tempting me to throw my hands around him. He seemed like a leader, so powerful. Then again, he was such a gentleman. So perfect, so elegant. What brought me back to earth was the fact that Stephanie was carrying his books. She was smiling and so was he. He couldn't have enjoyed her company now, could he? 

Fixing up my posture, keeping up a poker face, I decided to face her instead, "Stephanie. What do you think you're doing? Where have you been?" I kept my gaze straight into her eyes, making sure she understood my threatening tone. 

"How many times are you going to try? Selling yourself cheap this way? I mean come on! You barely know him and you're already trying to flatter him?" I just let go, I didn't know where these words were flooding from but hey, she somehow deserved it for ditching me and stealing my future guy!