Johnson Is Dead, But What Of Pitcairn?

A few months had passed since the destruction of the tea and our hunting trip. Connor, Achilles and I were downstairs discussing about how the Chocolate around the house continued to be stolen.

"I have no idea what you are talking about, Achilles! I didn't steal the chocolate!" I held my hands up as I told my fib.

"Connie, you are the only one in this household that eats the stuff other than Connor. Evidence led to your crime."

"What is this, a trial? Am I going to be put in prison if I don't admit that I ate the chocolate?" I asked.

Achilles looked at me with an expression of triumph. Connor next to him chuckled at my defeat.

"Oh, damn it." I hissed, realizing that I had just admitted to.

"Ratonhnhake:ton, Kateri!" Kanen'to:kon busted through the front door.

"Kanen'to:kon, what are you doing here? Is everything alright?" I asked, rushing into the hallway with Connor behind me.

"William Johnson has returned with all the money required to buy our land. He meets with the Elders as we speak. I have begged them to resist but, I fear he shall have his way, unless you intervene." He whimpered.

I put a gentle hand on his arm and nodded.

"Don't worry." I said.

"How is this possible? We destroyed the tea!" Connor yelled.

"The Templars are nothing if not resourceful. You should have heeded my warning." Achilles came in the hallway, leaning on his cane as usual.

"Please, you have to stop him." Kanen'to:kon pleaded.

I felt horrible. Kanen'to:kon's voice sounds so desperate and pained. I nodded my head again.

"We will stop him at any cost. I promise the village will be safe." I said with determination.

"Let us be on our way then." Connor lightly grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door.

We all raced to a horse and sped our way over to the village or, near it at least. It was too heavily guarded by redcoats.

"I'll distract the guards, you find Johnson. Please be safe." I said, not even making eye contact with Connor, and then speeding up.

He didn't even get a chance to protest. I knew he would anyway, so I made the plan this time. I jumped off my horse and hid in tall grass, looking over four or five guards on the mountain's side. Quickly, I rushed through the grass, pulling out my bow and quickly eliminating the first man. As one went down, the rest were soon to follow. After about an hour of killing, I went back up the mountain where I had left Connor and Kanen'to:kon. Kanen'to:kon was the only one there though.

"Kateri, you arrive." He smiled, standing from his spot.

"Why is Ratonhnhake:ton not back?" I asked, tilting my head.

"I'm not sure, but he will return soon. I assure you."

With a smile, we both sat down. Hours passed. During those hours, Kanen'to:kon taught me some of the native language and we caught up on each other's lives.

"I find it funny that most of my life I was living with Natives and I still have trouble grasping the language." I chuckled, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Don't worry, you will understand it soon." Kanen'to:kon promised with a kind smile.

There was rustling in the trees behind us. Almost as if on instinct, my hand moved to the handle of my pistol. Another rustle and the pistol was out of its holster. The thing came down from the trees to form a figure of a man. As soon as the man was standing, I shot my pistol. The man dodged the bullet and held his hands up.