Goodbye My Sweet

We had set sail not too long ago, the breeze of the sea blasting in my face and through my braided hair. I was sitting upon a cannon, not too far from where Connor and Kanen'to:kon were, the two of them walking right over. Before, they were near the stairs of the Aquila, Connor was tending to the wound on Kanen'to:kon's cheek, cleaning it quickly before it got infected.

The native's walked over, Connor placing a hand on my shoulder at his arrival.

"I knew your only chance was to leave from the docks." Kanen'to:kon spoke. "He kept turning the wheel."

"Kanen'to:kon, I do not care." Connor snapped.

"Oi, Ratonhnhake:ton, why are you angry? Be easy on the man." I took hold of the hand on my shoulder, placing it in between mine.

"Land ho!" A crew member yelled from the crow's nest.

We all turned, looking toward a large Pyramid structure, pointing from what used to be New York. My eyes widened at such a building, the size was massive compared to the miniscule housings that surrounded it.

"Dear lord." I whimpered.

The two men raced toward the ship's railings, looking over at the horrid sight.

"Look at that." Kanen'to:kon commented. "What sort of man would build such a thing?"

Connor turned to his friend, opening his mouth to say something, yet his voice was cut off by a crew member.

"Ships off the port bow!"

Faulkner came running toward us, slight panic on his face. "We're not flying the king's colors! They're sure to fire on us!"

Connor took a look at the ships, then to me, before rushing toward the ship's wheel. I slid off the cannon, running quickly to Connor's side, just like home.

Everything felt like home, the excitement of battle, the wind brushing past, everything gathered into such a rush of adrenaline. It was almost perfect.

Four ships sailed toward us, the man upon those ships already preparing to fire.

"Faulkner, I hope your men know how to take orders from a woman." I laughed, leaping from Connor's side to the main deck.

I could hear Faulkner and Connor behind me.

"The lass is mad if she thinks she can run this ship."

"She is skilled and trustworthy. Allow her to take charge of your men."

I let a small smile grace my lips at Connor's words, glancing back at the man, before clearing my throat.

"Alright, lads! I want everything loaded, pistols, muskets, cannons! I want everything! Go, go, go!" I screamed toward the crew.

The crew just stared at their positions, questioning and whispering amongst themselves.

"Did you not hear the lass?" Faulkner called. "She said to move!"

The crew then scrambled, filling the weapons as the ships neared. Quickly racing to the front of the ship, placing my hand above my eyes to cover any light that obstructed my vision, I looked to all four ships.

"Everyone brace!" I screamed, the ship closest to us firing.

The crew got down, watching as cannonballs whizzed above our heads. The ships flew across the ocean's surface with great speed, before we all knew it, she was on our right side.

"Fire!" I screeched, the crew firing the cannons.

As soon as they hit the ship, an explosion caused the ship to sink, yet another quickly raced to our left.