Part Eight

AUSTINS POV

"Hey, glad you could make it"
I said trying to contain my excitement as Jake stepped inside.

"It's no problem, you actually don't live that far away from me"
If I could measure the mental smile I have, you would need a meter stick.
"Oh really? Well that's pretty convenient, so I guess we should get started"
I led him upstairs (keep your head out of the gutter, it's the quiet place in this stupid house)
When we got to my room he seemed surprised..so I the idiot had to open my frickin mouth,
"Shocked it's not full of boy band posters and glitter?"
Yup that one definitely woke him up.
"What? Oh no sorry."
Then we just sort of awkwardly stared at each other for about 5 minutes, until finally he said:
"So how long have you lived here?"
Thank god an easy question
"Um forever actually"
We sorta chatted like that for about an hour while working on trig when he finally asked what I was really hoping he wouldn't ask..
"So I know this is a weird question but, when did you know? That you were..you know...gay I mean?"
God damnit.
"It's okay I'm used to it (lol), and since I was like 12 or 13"
He didn't seem surprised by this.
"That's cool, um I have to tell you...your pretty cool, i mean if it were me..I probably never would have come out, purely out of fear."
Just then our hands barley touched and he pulled away first. But then he reached back and held my hand,
"I know it's kinda out of no where,but I like you, I have for a while actually"
Wait..what? Did that actually just happen? HOLY SHIT!
"Wait..really?"
"Yeah...but I'm not really ready to go public with it yet or anything"
I could live with that.
"So what are you saying?.. Are you gay?"
Then the unthinkable happened....he kissed me!