Level Three - For Once

Three best friends walked into a restaurant, laughing. They found a table, and sat down by it, not really bothering to take off their jackets. They examined their menus, and talked to each other casually. Everyone that they had passed by on the way to their table, had turned their heads to look at the odd trio. Maybe because it was of their loud jovial volume. Or maybe because it was the colors that they were wearing that attracted their attention.

One guy, had short hair that just stuck out everywhere, a long pointed nose that turned up a little at the end, a round face, and wide, dark brown, most possibly black, eyes. He wore a light orange sweater, baggy red orange pants, and sneakers that were a lighter orange than his pants, but darker than his sweater. The thing that most likely interested the other customers at that restaurant however, was his hair. Like his clothing, it was orange. Bright orange.

The second guy, was a little taller than both of the others. He had short hair, but it was shorter and spikier than the orange guy's hair, and was combed to a point above his forehead in a fauxhawk. Even though it wasn't orange, it was a yellow, too bright to be a natural blond. He had a round face, and very dark eyes as well. His eyes were not quite as wide as the first boy's, however, and he had a small nose. He wore a black leather jacket with orange cuffs, open to show a plain light yellow tee shirt, dark yellow jeans, and worn yellow running shoes.

The third guy, like the other two, had abnormal hair color. His long straight hair was a deep blue, and hatted with a bright red baseball style cap. He, unlike the other two, had an oval face, a wide, round, short nose, and dark blue eyes. He wore a dark red denim jacket over a plain blue long sleeved shirt, and dark red pants that hid most of his blue boots, which, like his shirt, matched the color of his hair.

So, you could see why their colors may have attracted some attention. Though, it didn't last that long. Either trying to be polite, or being distracted, the customers went back to their food or to the person they were chatting with, shifting their gaze away from the wild haired trio. The three boys paid no notice to the curious eyes, as they were used to being stared at. They talked, as if they were just as ordinary as anyone else. If you were to be one of those curious people at the restaurant, you would dismiss them as a normal group of teenagers. And, for them, they were just fine with that.

Because that's exactly what they wanted them to believe.

"... I'm not very hungry," the boy with the red cap, Jessie, said finally, staring at the menu. They had been at Fazoli's for fifteen minutes already. Enough time for him to realize that if he hadn't chosen anything yet, then that probably meant he didn't want anything.

The orange boy, Hubert, raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Really? You aren't hungry?"

"Trust me, I would know if I was hungry," Jessie replied, setting down the menu.

Parker, the yellow haired boy, set his menu down as well. "I'm not hungry either. Well, not for pasta," he added.

Jessie smirked at him. "But you're always hungry!" Then, taking another look at him, he leaned forward and raised his eyebrows. "You're really not hungry?" he asked, incredulous.

He was answered with a head shake and a small shrug. "Nah."

Hubert, unlike the other two who had simply set down their menus, slammed his plastic menu down. "Then why the hell did we come here?" he exclaimed in the realization that their visit may have been pointless.

Jessie shot Hubert a glance. Hubert returned it with a slightly puzzled "What gives?" look. 'Hell' isn't a swear, he mouthed.

Oblivious to their little exchange, Parker laughed. "I have no idea," he said in response to Hubert's question. "Wait." Parker then squinted. "Aren't you hungry?"