Chapter 5

Jimmy Jr led Tina to the dance studio as the two of them talked in light-hearted conversation.

"So Jimmy Jr, what's your favorite movie?" Tina said, her fingers still interlocked with her date's.

"It's Footloose. I thought you knew that?" Jimmy Jr asked, looking at Tina as they stopped in front of a tall brick building with large glass windows.

"Well yeah, kind of, I just wanted to hear it from you directly. I wasn't sure if it was a joke since you love dancing so much."

Jimmy Jr chuckled as he held the door open for Tina as she walked through and thanked him.

Sweat clung to the air in the room and about four other couples occupied the room. Where there weren't windows or doors, mirrors were installed from the floor to the ceiling. The lights were dim, seemingly on purpose. Tina couldn't tell where the wooden floor began and the carpet ended, but she knew that she was standing on carpet and the wooden floor was shining at another area in the room. The entrance to a staircase was parallel to the open doorway, which was to the far left of the building.

"Hi, you must be here for the couple's class!" A tall, slim lady with brown hair slicked into a ponytail exclaimed as she waved them in with a smile.

"Oh, we're-" Tina began.

"Yeah, I signed us up yesterday," Jimmy Jr assured the lady with a smile and pointed at the list.

Tina's heart skipped a beat. "He thinks we're a couple," She thought as she eagerly looked over his handsome and anxious face.

The lady led them onto the dancefloor as the music started up. She headed up to the front of the classroom while Jimmy Jr and Tina stood in the back of the room.

Jimmy Jr leaned in real close to her. "Listen Tina, if you get uncomfortable at any time let me know and we can leave," he whispered.

Tina nodded, knowing that nothing could make her want to leave his arms, as the dance trainer begin to teach.

"Alright, I'd like all of the guys to place their hands on their date's waists as gentle as though you are holding a fragile sculpture, a beautiful piece of artwork."

Jimmy Jr placed his hands on Tina's waist as she smiled. Her heart was beating so loud and fast that she was almost certain that he had to either see or hear it.

"Nice, now make sure that you look natural. Okay, girls, I'd like for you to place your hands around your date's neck in a very relaxed manner. It should be as loose as you right now; comfortable and vulnerable. The two things that dancing must always include."

Tina stiffly wrapped her arms around Jimmy Jr's neck as her breathing accelerated and he took a step closer to her.

"Don't be worried, I've got you," Jimmy Jr muttered as he looked down into Tina's eyes through her thick glasses.

"It's not that, I just don't want to lose you. You're such a handsome, perfect butted dancer that always seems to slip from my grasp. I don't want to lose you anymore."

He laughed. "Tina, I'm holding you in my arms, there's nothing more that I want then to be here with you."

"Then why do you seem to not want to be with me at times?"

"What? Tina, no. It may seem like that but there's a reason behind it-"

The instructor began to speak again.

"I'll tell you later, okay?" Jimmy Jr promised Tina.

She nodded as she attempted to loosen her arms and rested her head against his chest, in and attempt to be more comfortable. They both shuffled their feet back and forth, barely trying to do what the instructor was. Jimmy Jr didn't want to push Tina into too much dancing, and Tina was too happy to attempt to follow the class. The two remained like that for a little bit, as the instructor continued to teach her lesson, not caring that they weren't paying attention. It seemed as though the two had reached their own nirvana, being that both were equally joyful with the almost too perfect night, and the love that flowed between the two of them seemed to be almost too special.

All of a sudden, the glass door swung open, tearing the couple out of their lovely state and caused everyone to stare at the person standing in the entrance of the dance studio, who only said one thing.

"Tina?"