An Open Letter

To my future kids,

Who will be born in an era of prosperity and success, when maybe the world settles on Mars and cancer is cured, in a world that is not so much like today. That world is better and worse. Better than now and worse than now. A world where maybe you won't get to play on the streets but a world where standards are high and dieseases are cured, where racism is a past and where countries like yours are recognized for their women. Maybe in that world you won't know the joy of climbing trees in scorching afternoons but you'll know what having a sharp mind will feel like and you'll know how to solve puzzles and how to tie your shoelaces at five.

But amidst all this I wanna tell you that it is all okay. If you read books and like to cook and paint, it is all okay. If you don't get higher grades than your bestfriend but you remember their birthday and the color of their eyes than it is all okay. If you don't remember to do your homework on time but you remember to feed the homeless man on the side walk than it is all okay. In this world that tells you to be the best I will never tell you that you're not good enough beacuse you are here and you exist and that is okay.

You're not perfect and I'm not perfect but a world where you live in, people strive for perfection rather than succes and let me tell you kids neither is important. What's important is that you chose happiness over some crappy job and I know that it is easier said than done but dearest kid, when you'll reach a stage I'm in, you'll understand that making memories and making friends is far more important than making money and achieving perfection. And if you fail just remember that your mom did too and everybody else in the world did too, and remember that I know you're struggling and it is all okay.

In a world where you will live in, paper backs and hand written letters will be long gone, where love will be an illusion and friendships won't be made without causes but do not let this world shape you into itself.

My dearest kids, let this world shape you into wonderful human beings who will learn to love like a reality and make friends worth all this, who will still read paper backs and write letters.

And even if you prefer cooking over chemistry or painting over physics. If you like to read books instead of partying with your friends than see this straight my little ones, that it is all okay.

_________
All the love.