Chapter 7(Part One)

Since that incident on the outskirts of that town, Dante had rearranged his priorities. He decided to help the kid in controlling the evil within him beforehand. In doing so, they lingered on the outskirts of that town for a little longer and set out until his purpose was justified.
“So?” asked Colby, happily, “Shall we?”
Dante, taking it all in in a sense of procrastination, spoke, calmly. “Well, there wouldn’t be much of us.”
“What do you mean by that?” asked Colby, perplexed.
“You’ll be the one who has to do the work, while I’ll just sit and watch.”
“Oh.” Colby became silent, probably thinking. A moment later, he broke the silence.
“Alright, what do I have to do?”
“Are you sure; because it will be… let’s just say tiring.” Dante couldn’t resist himself from grinning.
“Yeah, I’m ready!”
“Okay.” Dante got up from his place and walked up to Colby and stopped right in front of him.
“Take of your shirt!” Dante commanded.
“What! Why?” asked Colby, surprised.
“Just do what I say!”
Colby did as he said and took off his shirt. While Dante eyed the scar on Colby’s torso thoroughly. Right when he was done eyeing the scar, he raised one of his hands up in the air with the index finger facing the morning sky. His eyes were closed, and his facial expressions exhibited as he was chanting something without moving his lips. Just when he was finished with the expressions, he opened his eyes on that instant and darted his index finger right into the scar on his belly. It was inside of him. The finger was inside his belly. Colby screamed in agony, but to his bad, it wasn’t all. Just then, Dante heated the things up a bit. The air around them started to warm up as the heat started radiating from Dante’s body, including his finger. Colby felt as his insides were burning. He kept on screaming, but to his surprise, he couldn’t do anything about it. He fluttered his limbs to express, but none of that had any effect.
“Listen to me, now!” Dante spoke, in stress. Colby was in pain, but he had to listen to the words Dante was about to say.
“You’re going to transform now, but you must suppress the urge to transform! No matter how tempting it feels, you must suppress this feeling, and fight the pain as you are human! Don’t let it overpower you, you can do it!”
“WHAT IF I FAIL TO STOP IT?” Colby screamed in pain.
“Then, I’m afraid, I’ll have to kill you!” Dante said, silently.
Colby was horrified. He had no idea what he had got himself into. He thought, “If I fail, I… die.” He became discouraged. The pain and the burning were there, but he was scared now, and that feeling was greater than the rest somehow. He did not want to die. He just wanted to live, and that was why he strode so many paths to find Dante, and now he was seeing what he had been searching him for. On his pursuit for life, he never had imagined that this was going to take his life.
The depression in his ecstasy to learn was visible to Dante as well, and that’s why he shouted out: “You can do it! If I had known that you couldn’t, I would never have agreed with it! Believe in yourself!”
Colby was trying to listen, but his conscience was giving in. His body had started to slow down on trembling, and his screams had started to lessen in frequency. That was it. He was transforming.
Dante couldn’t help him out anymore. That was Colby’s battle. His and his alone.

Hello everyone. Sorry about the delay. Thanks for reading. :)