Intro

I wasn't always a pitied orphan. I had a family at least, even if it wasn't the best family, or even if we didn't have much money I still had a family. One day I ended up in an orphanage as my parents weren't deemed, capable-of-having-children parents. The bullying, it started there, well everything started there. The cutting, the bullying, "her" words. All of it, at that one putrid, rotting orphanage....

I wake up to the sickening sound of Mrs. Dean's voice.
"Get up everyone, I want this place spotless! We have guests coming so hurry up! Luna get up!"
I get up realising that Luna is my name, and I haven't been called it for a long time. Usually I get mutt or brat, but Luna, this is new.
Everyone moans and groans at the thought of having to get up at 7am to clean.
I gut wrenchingly drag myself out of my top bunk and got straight into the bathroom. I stare intently into the mirror, waiting for her voice to flicker into the back of my mind.
"Come on, do it. Your already in here so go for it. Nobody likes you anyway." "She" snickers.
I grab my throbbing forehead, and rub my temples. I bend around behind the cabinet, and grab my blade out.
"I knew you'd do it, your too weak, and everybody knows that."
"Her" words burn into my brain like someone being branded, right on the forehead.
I grab the blade and slide it into my arm, letting my warm blood seep over my other scars, and drip down to the bottom of my arm. I watch the blood drip into the bottom of the sink, slowly pooling. I wash the blood away, in a feeble attempt to wash the memories, but they are still brunt in my brain, like the scars that cover my body.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Flashback)

I was only 7, and Mummy and daddy fought a lot.  I could always hear daddy screaming at mummy and I also could hear chairs smash frequently....

I jumped again at the sound of the plaster of our house being shattered into dust, once again. It was just like they were trying to predict my future; by having it shattered into a million pieces.
"You ever do that again, and I'll kill you, you hear me?!"
Mummy sobbed in the corner of the room, tears staining her face.
I walk to the doorway, being greeted by my red faced, furious father.
"Run baby, I'll come to you soon."
"She! It's all her fault, I'll kill her too if you don't listen to me!"
Carefully I back away as I heard more screams and swearing coming from the kitchen. I ran to my bedroom, tears staining my red, blotchy face. I lay down on my bed as I hear "Her" voice.
"What's wrong?" She asks timidly.
I look up stunned at the little girl in my bedroom, 2 small blonde pigtails, and piercing blue eyes. I look in the mirror realising she's unmistakably me. Before I can splutter another word out, all I say is, "Go." , as I can hear the footsteps coming towards my room.
"Mummy!" I say as the woman I usually identify as my mother, comes in with a black eye and blotchy red skin. She hugs me close and whispers into my ear, "Everything will be okay..."

(End of Flashback)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I carefully rinse the blade and throw it behind the cabinet again, like it never happened.
I look up at the patchy, old mirror, asking myself why.
"Hurry up Freak!" I hear Charly, another orphan, yell at me. I walk out of the bathroom with a tear rolling down my face. As soon as I walk out Charly sticks her foot out, and I fall flat on my stomach, as all the other girls giggle. I get up and walk away, little do they know what I've been through....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Ok this is my first book and I'd really like some feedback! Please comment some feedback, also please vote, and I'll be working on another piece soon!

Byee, Cass xx