Chapter 2

I look out the clean window to see Joe, getting into the front seat of the car, with a worried look on his face.
"Luna, it's alright if you need to talk-"
"Shut it, alright I'm fine!" I yell at him, letting the words flow right out.
"Just....what happened out there..."He continues.
"If you need to talk...." He says, slowly, trying to calm me.
"I'm fine!" I shout, looking out the window, somewhat startling Bree and Miss Dean. I look back to my wrist and then fish out my somewhat tangled headphone out of my messy pockets. I put them in my ears, listening to my favourite song, called "Final Song" by MØ.
I flicker my eyes open and see the hills passing by, little flickers of colour going past as I look out. I turn over my phone to discover it's 3:27 pm and it was 11:03am when we left. I must have been asleep for at least 4 hours, I think worried that somehow Joe, who is sitting with his head leaning against the window and his mouth gaping open, could connect and read my thoughts. I mean he seems to be able to almost read my emotions...
He opens his door and gets out of the now somewhat dirty car. He opens the door for me as I snatch the handle and open it myself.
"I can handle myself!" I snap at him, turning to the boot of the car to get my bags out. I look up at the small cottage house, that I appear to now be living it. My mouth drops open, as I look at the beautiful dainty garden, and the small enclosed yard with a beautiful baby deer in it.
"Wow...." I say, not realising I was talking.
"It's pretty amazing here, right?" I hear a happy, engulfing voice say.
"Y-yea..." I trial off, not realising I was talking to Joe.
Joe grabs my bags out the back of the now dusty car, and insists on carrying them all.
"Follow me!" He says, as an infectious smile crosses his face, and tries to cross to mine, only making the side of my mouth slightly move. We enter the beautiful house through a sturdy wooden door, that must have been from a massive tree. I enter the huge door, to be hit with the scent of fresh nature.
My mouth drops open, astonished as my eyes dart around the huge room. Right in the middle is another beautiful wooden table made of red gum, with a matching set of chairs. To my left is a staircase leading up and directly next to that is a staircase leading down to another room. In the first room there is a huge window covered with a few vines and leaves, but when I walk up closer and see a massive dam with crystal blue water. The bottom of the dam appears to have red like rocks making up the bottom and side of the dam.
"Oh my...." I say, astonished.
"Yeah, my mum is really into nature and stuff so she built this house a few years back..." His voice trails off, as I drop my bags and go down the steps leading into the downstairs room. I peer out to see a huge sliding door and balcony with what appears to be a slide attached to it, as well as a zip line that is running into the water. I look out and into the dam to see a school of beautiful fish swimming about.
"Wholly cow...I've never seen such a beautiful house!" I exclaim to Joe, realising I haven't heard her voice snicker since I got here. Right when I say that her voice pops back into my brain.
"Their just lulling you into a false sense of security, and then your going to be used..." She snickers again.
I close my eyes trying to get rid of her voice, and then Joe walks over to me.
"Hey, I'll show you your room!" He says excitedly, like a little kid getting presents. I follow him up the stairs and  the next flight of stairs. I follow him down a passageway, until we reach a white painted door.
"This is all yours..." He says, as he leaves me to open the door and discover what's next. I push the clean white door open, as the light from the room flows onto my feet. My eyes first meet the huge window, and then the zip line on the balcony. I look across my massive room to see my king size, perfectly made bed, with several pillows on it.
"This isn't all for you, you spoil brat. Yet again, your falling for their tricks..." Her voice says making my eyes fill with tears and making my head spin.
"Can I have a few minutes just alone, please?" I stutter out, trying to hide my face.
"Sure..." Says Joe, walking away and shutting the door. I look over the other side of a room, to see my very own ensuite.
"Perfect, just for you to get ready and start unpacking in...." I try to hold back my tears, so my face doesn't go blotchy when I go to get dinner. I run into the clean, spotless bathroom and throw out all my toiletries on the counter. My blade slips out of my bag.
"I don't remember putting that there..." I think, remembering when it fell out and when I threw it into my hoodie pocket. I remember getting into the car, so carelessly that it must have fell out my pocket, and Joe must have put it back in.
"Joe's a good thinker, maybe because of what he wants to do to you...." Her voice spears into my mind, like a wild animal getting hunted. Only I am the prey.....
"No!" I shout out, not realising I am shouting.
"Shit," I think, knowing that Joe's bedroom is a few rooms away, and he probably heard me.
"Just go to sleep for a bit, it will be better than ever!" I think, trying to trick my schizophrenia into thinking everything will be okay.
I pull back the soft white sheets, and climb into the soft bed with my clothes from earlier still on, as I try to soothe the images from today away....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Okay! So this is my second chapter in and I hope it's okay! I have been working on it for a while, trying to pick what direction I'll take it and now this is what I've chosen! I'm going to try and update more frequently, but it's a little hard with school and everything so I'll try!

Please vote, comment, and follow me!
~Cass xx💖