Chapter 63

There seemed to be some misunderstanding in the last chapter. Nick was just a witness, Jessica was taken by someone completely different. Even though the whole Nick thing would've made a better story, but it's too late for me to rewrite this chapter again. ANYWAYS ENJOY THE STORY!

"Let me go!" I struggled with every word, I was bound by my wrists and ankles, down on a metal slate. Which is very uncomfortable mind you.

The creepy man next to me laughed. Him. That man. He kidnapped me. I don't know why, all I know that was I was knocked out and woke up here. "Oh Jessica, your being silly. Why would I let go a catch like you? Your perfect for this job, you'll see." He was in the corner of the room, hovering above a metal table, messing with some kind of potion.

I stopped struggling, since there wasn't really a point anymore. My powers were gone somehow, so I was left with raw power. "How do you know my name? Who are you?!"

I craned my head to get a better look at him, there was only four lights in the room, so it was a bit dark. I got some features down, he had jet black hair, the roots were a purple color, really messy. He was wearing a suit, for some reason. I still couldn't see his face though.

He finished whatever he was doing and turned around, I noticed that he was maybe my age?  He had a young looking face, but one of his eyes were purple, while the other was pure black. He was wearing a wide, creepy smile. Bottom line; he's a creepy guy. Well if he wasn't trying to kill me then I'd say that he's not bad lookin but. He was holding a syringe that contained a black liquid. He walked over and moved my hair out of the way from my neck, "Now this will only hurt a lot." I tried moving my neck away, but he grabbed the side of my head and held it in place.

"What is this gonna do to me?" I quickly asked.

He stopped, "Well, I suppose it won't do any harm telling you. This serum will take away who you are. You won't remember much of your previous life once you've had enough doses. The other serum is something I can't tell you." He didn't let me speak and plunged the needle into my neck, I bit my tongue to hold in a scream. He chuckled, "No need to hold it in, soon it won't matter anyway." When the black liquid was all gone, he took the syringe away and my eyesight started to get fuzzy. "Night night." He added a small wave then I fell into a deep sleep.

...Three Months Later...

Adam POV.

It's been three months. Long, hard months. Three months without Jessica, months with chaos and fighting. Was she really the glue that held us together? Was she really that important to us? I was in my room, Alesa was at the mall with Mason and Shelby. Jin, Ross, Barney, and Max were all downstairs discussing something. The others that Jessica brought were in their dimension, training like always. But when I come over, they ignore me, pretend I'm not there. Vylad especially was giving me the cold shoulder. Nick was training with them too, they all go lt

It's not my fault she ran off. It's her fault for being weak. Like I said, she's all bark and no bite. She always acts like she so great, and that she's better then everyone. Grr, the thought of her makes me mad. I buried my face in my hands, attempting to get my thoughts together. Then I heard a soft knock at my door, "Adam? You okay man?" It was Ross.

"Y-Yeah, I'm good." The door slowly opened after I answered, Ross was in his normal gray sweatshirt and blue jeans, but he didn't wear his usual smile. There hasn't been much smiling since Jessica left, which confused me. I thought she was the reason everyone became unhappy, I thought that once she was gone, everyone would smile more. "What'cha need?" I asked as softly as I could.

"We had a meeting. We need to get Jess back. Just come downstairs." He waited for me, leaning against the door frame. I pushed myself up from the floor and walked past him. He followed me down the stairs, and led me to the meeting room. We used to hold monthly meetings here when Jessica was still here. She would lead them, and we would discuss our missions and what we could do for the month to improve ourselves. I pushed those memories away and sat down in Jessica's seat; the head seat. I saw the guys open their mouths to object but quickly closed it. They all exchanged looks, as if to tell me no. I was in charge now, Jessica wasn't around anymore.