One

The Bad Boy is my BFF

[unedited]

Rosie

Do you ever get those moments where you find yourself constantly stuck and you don't even know why? For me, it seemed to happen when I was either doing AP Biology homework, stuck in traffic, or when I have no idea what flavored ice cream to choose from at the store. But this time, it was neither of those. In this case, I was stuck under my best friend's butt.

"Landon get off of me!" I kicked and screamed, but no amount of struggle availed me.

"Hm...I mean I could..if you admit that I'm better than you." I looked from the corner of my eyes and saw him smirking down on me.

"You and I both know that I'm not a liar." His face went flat as he gave me a dry look, and this time it was my turn to smirk. But it quickly disappeared when he started to tickle my sides. If there's one thing to know about me, it's that I am an extremely ticklish person.

I squealed and squirmed trying to get out of his evil clutches. My stomach was already starting to hurt so much from laughing that I had no choice but to give into the devil.

"Fine fine! You're better than me! Happy now?" I glared at him through my disheveled hair that fell in my face. He backed away and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Ehh doesn't seem so satisfying." He grinned.

I'll show you satisfying.

Just as he moved in closer trying to tickle me again, I put my foot on his side and kicked him off the bed which earned me a grunted noise as he hit the floor. I quickly looked down the side of my bed and watched as the devil rubbed the back of his head.

"HA! Serves you right jerk!" I said sticking my tongue out. Right when he got up to lunge for me, I was saved by the bell.

"Rosie! Landon! Time for Dinner!" Thanks for the save mom!

"Coming!" Both Landon and I said in sync.

We raced down the stairs, shoving each other until we reached the dinner table. I guess you can say that we were a bit childish, but hey! That was how our relationship was.

Speaking of our relationship, let me introduce him. The devil that tickled me earlier is named Landon Carter(A/N: A Walk To Remember, anyone? I love him so much)

We were quite the opposite from one another, me being the plain girl who never got into any trouble, and him being the notorious bad boy that nobody messed with and had girls swooning over him.

Landon was my best friend, well...my only friend actually. Him and I go way back to the first grade, when he pushed me off my bike. Even then, kids were frightened of him, but I was the only one to ever stick up to him and I guess that's when we started to hang out more. Over time, we became inseparable.

He didn't always have his "bad boy" reputation until middle school came around. Rumors spread around the school like wild-fire that he had beat up an upperclassman gang single handedly on the first day of school. Of course, there was more to the story.

What happened was that he saw someone getting bullied, and Landon being the big teddy bear he was, stepped in to stop them resulting in a huge fist fight. It always amazes me just how strong Landon was inside and out. I've always admired him and and respected him as a person.