chapter 4

ELLANY'S POV

Martinez stared back at me. He was first smiling evilly, until he realized it was his old friend, Ellany. Then he got a look of guilt.

"Shit El! What the hell are you doing? You're out here willy-nilly while there are terrorists here, you could get seriously hurt!" Martinez warned me of the dangers of the 'terrorists', when he didn't realize I was one.

"Marty... didn't anyone tell you I left yesterday?" I questioned the man, and he shook his head. "Phillip's crazy, he has jars of biter heads and his daughter is chained up in his office."

Martinez raised an eyebrow, "I thought she got bit though..."

"She did." I reassured him.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you serious? And let me guess, he raped you." He replied sarcastically, thinking it was all a joke.

"He did..." I mumbled loudly, looking at my feet.

He laughed, then stopped all of a sudden. I looked up, and came face to gun.

"I thought you weren't going to tell anyone."

Phillip had a wicked glare in his blue eyes. I took in a sharp breath, observing the area before doing anything. We stood in between the bleachers, while Daryl and Merle stood staring at each other.

"Wait, it's true?" Marty asked, turning to look up at the slightly taller leader.

Phillip nodded, then whispered into his ear. Martinez looked back at me, and mouthed the word, "Sorry."

All of a sudden, he was behind me, holding my arms back, and had his hand over my mouth again.

Phillil led the two of us to the sandy, dirty arena, and stood me on the sidelines half way between Daryl and Merle.

Phillip stood in between them, and spoke.

"Merle, he's a traitor! He led them to us! This man next to him, this terrorist, is his brother!"

Daryl looked around, scared. And honestly, the Dixon's didn't seem to get scared often.

"Blood against blood. Brother versus brother. Fight... to the death!" Phillip shouted, then stepped to the sidelines, next to me.

"Our own love and family was working with them. Ellany Brennan, who gave birth at the terrorist's own shelter. She's one of them!"

I tried to break free from Marty, but he wouldn't budge. I looked back at him, whimpering. He looked about as upset and angered as me.

"They will fight, winner takes El!" He announced, and the crowd went insane.

I struggled in my strong friend's arms, but he didn't let me go. I saw Andrea making her way over to the Governor.

She got up to him, and started yelling, "This isn't fair! You shouldn't force them to fight for someone's life!"

"Just shut up and enjoy the show." He simply said. I glared at him, then looked back to the fight, where Merle was prepared to speak.

"Look, y'all know me. I'll do what I gotta do ta prove my loyalty." He yelled to the audience, and punched Daryl in the jaw.

Daryl went flying back, but quickly bounced forward again, running Merle. Merle dodged him and punched him in the stomach, throwing him to the ground.

Merle jumped on top of Daryl, punching him in the face. I screamed out even louder each time a fist hit another.

I kept looking back at Martinez, and his eyes grew softer everytime. He pulled me up against him, whispering in my ear. I nodded, then stopped fighting against him.