chapter 14

ELLANY'S POV

***

I sat on Marty's bed, waiting for him to come back. Five minutes ago, he came into my cell and asked me to come to his for a few minutes. He apparently had something to show me, and I was hoping it was Flynn. But I also knew damn well that it wasn't.

I was startled when something hit a wall right outside of Marty's cell. I stared at the doorway, waiting for whoever it was to reveal themselves. All of a sudden, Marty appeared shirtless in front of me, and I leant back, confused.

"So you brought me in here so you could walk in shirtless?" I asked, checking to see if anything was behind him.

"No, I have something for you." He laughed, "Close your eyes."

I did as I was told, only to sense him inches from my face. I wanted to open my eyes and see why, but I knew better than that. That was when I felt something press against my lips, his own lips. I didn't even think about kissing back. It wouldn't feel right, it wouldn't make sense. It would ruin everything.

He removed his lips from mine, "What's wrong?"

I scoffed immediately. "Are you fucking kidding?! What makes you think I want to kiss you?!"

He shied back, offended. But I honestly didn't care. He mumbled, "Well you're single, and you don't like anyone, and I thought we were really close so-"

My eyes widened, "How do you know I don't like anyone?"

He shrugged, then realization took over, and his eyes were larger than normal. "You have your eyes on someone, I can't believe it!"

I quickly realized what I revealed, and covered my mouth. "Uh... no I don't..."

Martinez continued, seemingly pissed. "Who is it?! Who do you like?! Is it Merle? Daryl? Oh, I bet it's Rick!"

My face heated up, and it gave me away completely. He stood from his spot on the bed.

"YOU LIKE RICK!!!"

"No I don't..." I muttered, pissed at both Marty and myself.

"Yes, yes you do!" Marty began teasing a bit.

I regretted the next sentence immediately.

I stood and shouted in his face. "Okay fine, I like Rick!"

The whole prison fell to silence after that.

***

I shot up quickly, realization taking over. It was all a dream, Martinez didn't kiss me, but what I came to terms with in the dream is the best/worst part.

I really really like Rick. I can't lie to myself, I have extreme feelings for him. It can't be pushed off to the side anymore, because now there's nothing else to focus on that I can use as a distraction.

I looked around my cell, and noted that it was still unnecessarily dark out. I had woken up in the middle of the night from that dream, no... I woke up from that nightmare.

I stood and made my way out of my cell, and out into the line of cells. No one was awake on the top layer, so I tiptoed down the stairs to the main room. My eyes widened when I got to the main room. Rick sat at a table, head down against the cold surface, eyes closed. I smiled to myself, my heart beating faster than usual.

I sat myself next to him, which startled him. He jumped, then placed his hand on his chest after realizing it was me.

"What? Did you come out to make me feel like shit again?" He sighed, yawning and placing his head back on the table.