The Artifact

When Herobrine was out mining, he'd found something strange. It wasn't anything he'd seen before. Shards of it would be found later, but that is a chapter for later. It glowed in the dim torch lighting. it was huge, larger than Herobrines head. As he held it, veins of light seeped from the artifact into him. He felt the power that surged through him. It felt good. He liked this new sense of power. He went home instantly, to share with his brother. What he didn't know.... was that this artifact... was slowly corrupting him. It wasn't just making him stronger.... It was making him blood thirsty, and power hungry.

When Herobrine got home, Steve could tell something was wrong. He grabbed his helmet from under the table, and his sword from behind the cupboard. He gripped it tight. Herobrine had absorbed the whole crystal, and was bristling with power. His eyes burned a hot white. In each hand, he held a diamond axe. He grinned, an evil, strange grin. He lashed out with one axe blade, but at the last minute, the grin faded, and he twisted his hand, so the bottom of the axe, the handle, hit the side of Steve's head. Steve's helmet fell on the floor, clattering loudly. Steve collapsed on the floor next to it. He looked up at his brother, and moaned, before the damage to his brain, and the power from the blow killed him. Herobrine returned to his senses, and started to worry. He picked up his brother's heavy, limp body, and laid him out on the bed. He built a glass case around the bed, for he thought there was no hope left for his brother. Before he completed the case, he touched his brother's cheek. A tear fell from Herobrine's face, onto Steve. the tear glowed, and seeped into Steve.