Chapter 2 - Powers

~One Year Later~

It's been a year. A whole year going through pain with that stupid needle. I would hide as best as I could, but they would find me. And when I tried to get away, they would stop me. But I eventually went through all the treatments. And now I'm trapped in a 17 year olds body. To make matters worse, I was put through more tests. Dr. List's tests that he performed on Wanda and Pietro were also performed on me. And here I am, missing one original power and gained another.

"Ugh!" I shouted as I laid sprawled out on the couch in the training room. Wanda and Pietro were across the room. "Ugh!" I said louder. The two still ignored me. "UGH!" I screamed. The two finally turned to me. "I'm bored."

"Then go do something." Wanda rolled her eyes. These two had, had enough of my boredom over the year.

"Do what?" I asked, sitting up. "This is Hydra."

Wanda stood up, walking over to some training equipment. "You could teach us how to use this." She pulled a huge gun off the wall.

"No, no, no. Put that down." I stood up, teleporting to her side, putting the gun back. "That's a no-no."

"What about this?" Pietro picked up a large knife. "Or this?" He quickly moved across the room. The knife clattered loudly as it hit the cement floor. He was now holding another knife across the room.

"Stop." Teleporting, I took the knife from his hand. "Touch one more thing and I'll beat your ass."

"Someone's on their period." Pietro laughed.

I glared at the back of his head as he walked away. Wanda looked at me. I darted for Pietro but Wanda was quick to stop me.

"Calm down." Wanda spoke.

"Your brothers a dead man." I told her. I walked towards the door.

As I was walking down the hallway, several guards and soldiers started running up and down the halls.

"What's going on?" I stopped one of the soldiers.

"Avengers." Was all he said and ran off again.

I was instantly confused. What was an Avenger?

"Report to your stations immediately. This is not a drill. We are under attack. We are under attack!" A voice boomed over the intercom.

I walked quickly to the end of the hall and pushed open the large metal doors. Strucker and many other men stood in the room.

"Skylar. Just the girl I wanted to see." Strucker smiled. "We have a problem."

"What kind of problem?" I asked.

"A group called the Avengers are trying to attack the base. And we need you out there." Strucker explained.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Use your powers." Dr. List explained. "Find out what they're thinking. Teleport away from danger and confuse them. And then when they least expect it, use the power I gave you."

My eyes widened at his words. "I haven't trained enough with that power. I could kill someone."

"Exactly." The two men said at the same time with a smile.

My heart sunk in my chest. I was taken away by one of Struckers men and put into a suit that Dr. List had made. I gotta hand it to him, he knew my style.

"Don't get killed." Strucker spoke as I left the base.

I quickly found a person that was out of the ordinary. Well at least from around here he was. He wore a suit that looked like it belonged in a superhero movie. And he had a shield. With a giant star in the middle. Who the fück was this guy?