The New Generation

US, California, San Francisco, Southern Police Station.

"So... Do you know her name and occupation?" asked the police officer behind the desk.

"Her name is Raven Branwen and she's a Huntress," Taiyang answered in a quite a worried tone.

"A Huntress eh, so one of those who come from the Kingdoms." The officer raised a brow.

"So I bet that you're from Vale."

Taiyang nodded before the officer checked into the computer with the new Windows 2003 operating system.

"Alright then, her identification?"

"Here's her picture."

The brawler pulled out his scroll and showed a picture of his wife. The officer took a good look before filling in the missing person registration. Moments later, the Huntsman was then asked a few questions.

"So, Mr. Xiao Long... I wonder where you got that Chinese name." Taiyang raised his brow in confusion, and then the officer made a small cough. "Sorry about that, didn't meant to offend you."

"None taken." Taiyang shrugged.

"Can you tell me what exactly happened to your wife and why?" he asked. "Was she... kidnapped for some reason?"

"No, but..." Tai shook his head. "After I found out that my wife was pregnant, we were fine for nine months, but after she gave birth to our daughter, she..."

"Go on." the officer made to encourage him further by making a circling gesture.

"Once we got to the patient room 117, she wasn't there," Taiyang continued. "We tried to find her, but me and the staff hadn't found a single trace. Even her belongings had vanished."

"So you don't know why she vanished?" he asked once more.

"No, that's everything."

Minutes passed and Taiyang walked out of the office and headed to the waiting room where Qrow and Summer were waiting. The white-cloaked huntress was in a cheery mood while stroking the hair of Taiyang's daughter. To her left side sat Qrow, who was asleep, snoring loudly while other people who sat near him moved away, disgusted by the smell of alcohol.

Summer saw the blonde brawler come into the waiting area, and kicked Qrow's right leg forcefully.

"Qrow, wake up!" she fumed.

"Jeez, what the hell Summer." Qrow groaned with irritation. "That was a great dream where I had cute girls and hot women in mini-skirts, and you've ruined it."

Summer just rolled her eyes and sighed. She stood up from her seat and skidded to Taiyang while holding the baby.

"So what do they say?" she asked. "Are they going to send some detectives?"

"Uh, those were crime investigators, not runaway investigators." Taiyang explained. "The police said that they would give us whatever they could to find the person that matches her identity."

"Things like this situation won't be too easy," Qrow said while stepping out of the waiting room. "Finding Raven would be extremely difficult... I know her too well, even better than you, Tai. She's always been an expert in hide and seek, even when we were kids."

"I don't know what's happening now, Qrow." Tai nervously shook his head with a trembling voice. "And I feel... worried about her."

"Tai, you don't need to worry," Summer encouraged him with a pat on his shoulder. He turned to his team leader and saw a bright, innocent smile plastered on her face. "We'll find her, no matter what."