The New School

San Francisco Police Department.

Inside a certain office, a young red-haired investigator looked closely at the latest reports from yesterday about the robbery incident.

"And there he goes again," he muttered.

He looked at the most wanted list. A picture of Keith hung on the bulletin board with a bounty reward of $50,000, for a while until he heard a knock on his door.

"Junior Detective?" asked a police officer while entering the office. "We have a meeting in the interrogation room."

"What's it all about?"

"It's something about that Red Hand Operative we arrested yesterday," he said. "Lieutenant wants your help."

Ah, the Red Hand Operatives from Vale, of course. Those assholes slipped under our noses not too long ago... Normal civilians walk through the borders, checking passports and tickets, in and out, rinse and repeat. But Red Hand Operatives are smart enough to never carry any hazardous objects or weapons.

These guys may appear to be normal civilians, but in reality, they're Operatives blending into a group of people. These guys are really smart and are unlike other terrorist factions.

Back in 2014, there was an Operative in San Francisco harbor who was arrested before he could set sail for Vale. Authorities found stolen blueprints with sensitive information from the US Military, such as prototype weapons, stealth aircraft, and small tactical nuclear armaments.

I wondered how they got those... Oh right. They had hackers, a bunch of smartasses. They copied those blueprints before breaking their own PCs and relocating to another isolated area where the authorities couldn't find them.

They smuggled PCs and weapons by hiring illegal gangs from the stronghold towns in the Grimm Wastelands, in the least deserted towns in Nevada, or from Las Vegas. Some had Mafia members working for them. How did they manage to do that? Simple, they'd deployed criminal Huntsmen to bribe or force them to do the Operatives' work.

Junior Detective Adam Taurus entered the interrogation room and sat beside his buddy, another older Inspector with Faunus traits. Adam and the other officers knew his real name, but he referred to himself as "Lieutenant."

"What seems to be the problem LT?" Adam asked.

"The bastard ain't spitting out," Lieutenant grunted.

Adam sat on the other side of the table and leaned towards to the Red Hand Operative, steepling his hands.

"Alright, where do we begin?" Adam glanced at Lieutenant.

"Well, we questioned him about-"

Suddenly, Lieutenant's speech was interrupted by the Red Hand member screeching in rage.

"You damn Faunus just rot and die already!"

Adam and Lieutenant exchanged looks for a while, until Adam asked,

"Is he really that mentally ill?"

"Yep." Lieutenant nodded. "He's listed to head inside the mental hospital jail after interrogation."

Meanwhile, At the Academy Airport...

A single airship carefully landed as airport marshals waved their glow sticks, signaling for a clear landing. The ship released the passenger bridge as freshmen walked out of the port. A goofy blonde teenager suddenly rushed out of the ship, then vomited in open public, while workers and marshals of the Airport backed away in disgust.

"Jesus Christ." Aiden cringed at the sight.

As they came out of the port, Yang, Ruby and Richard stood on a wide pathway and looked in awe at three large, luxurious, towered buildings made of clear glass. There were several gardens on the balconies and flat rooftops.