Initiation

Location: Syria-Iraq border.

Abu Kamal UN Military Headquarters, 1800 Hours.

"Alright, careful... careful."

"Hey Kerry, first day in the Middle East?"

"Nah, feels like I'm back in the US. I'm from Arizona."

"Careful, those medicines are fragile."

"Alright you sons of bitches! Get your rifles loaded. Today is your lucky day, we're going on a hell of a ride!"

"Oorah!"

Military personnel and civilians rushed around the area to prepare the Convoy before they departed from the small Syrian town of Abu Kamal.

The joint UN Convoy, consisting of German, British, and American soldiers, climbed onto their Humvees and APCs to protect twenty trucks each carrying forty tons of foreign aid and supplies.

In the meantime, a Huntress arrived with a USMC Officer.

"Is this the Convoy we need to protect?" she asked.

"Indeed ma'am," the officer answered. "There was an emergency call from an Iraqi town named Ana. The defenders are desperate; they were overrun by a swarm of Grimm and are waiting for a relief force."

"Then why isn't your Airfleet taking action?"

"Sorry ma'am, but the 13th US Airfleet is the only one stationed in Ramadi, and it must have to stay and defend that point due to a large swarm of Nevermores," he explained. "But Ana is one of the most important towns because it's where supplies can be delivered from Hadith to Ramadi, and then to New Baghdad. The aerial Grimm are surprisingly active in the larger areas of Iraq, and since three years ago most of our planes could be put in extreme danger when they enter low altitude, before they could drop those supplies."

"I see." She looked back at the Convoy, determined, and turned to the officer. "As part of Atlesian Special Reconnaissance Team, I will take full responsibility for the protection of the Convoy."

"Be careful out there ma'am."

The officer nodded before she left.

"Will do, sir."

"Sir!" One soldier came up to the USMC Officer and saluted. "The Mobile Unit Corps are ready; they've finished the preparations."

"Right, now the convoy can leave."

"Yes sir."

Winter felt a tremor in the ground and saw four sixty-foot-tall humanoid robots which bore a striking resemblance to the Mobile Suits of "GM's" from one of her favorite childhood shows, "Mobile Suit: Gundam." The Mobile Unit became a reality when Korean, Japanese and United States engineering and scientific corporations worked to create large humanoid exoskeletons in 2010, receiving help from Atlesian engineers to sort out the problems and maintenance.

In 2012, Hydro Electronics released their newest product to the U.S. military, then later on for international armed forces from all around the world, the RU-12. RU stood for "Regular Unit". There were other variants and names beyond the standard Mobile Units. The Mobile Units are meant to counter larger Grimm and provide protection for convoys. They were even suited in urban or suburban terrain, and could fight in human conflicts.

Winter wished to ride the mechs, but she has no training to pilot the humongous robot, despite her Huntress training.

'One day...' she sighed.

As the large metal gates opened to the wasteland, the convoy began to move out with the four Mobile Units. One of the pilots scanned the surrounding area with a wide-range radar and a Grimm-spotting software.