Chapter 9

It's been a week and I get rare updates every now and then but I'm surprised I got used to living without Elena, as for Angel they gave him to Area 5 two days ago and today we can finally meet up. Seems HQ ran a bunch of tests to see if they could somehow help with his overwritten protocol. I was feeling strangely nostalgic to the point it made myself angry so I walked through the streets and it started to rain. I sat on the sidewalk just feeling each cold drop hit my body and I felt like the weather expressed my true feelings.

"Fuck me" I mumble to myself when a candy enters my view. I look to my right and there's the kid I saw before.

"Here mister, remember me?"

"Orion was it, Why are you in this Area?"

"I came here because I was told to" This comment made me think I did have someone to rely on.

"Why are you looking so spaced out?" It says so as it sat down next to me.

"Ya mean why do I look out of it, probably cuz I am kid. I'm confused" I whispered the last part dwelling on it.

"Why are you confused?" It tilted its head.

"Because I'm not sure what to do" I glance at it.

"Hhhmmmm" great I confused the kid now too. But this made me laugh a bit and helped me relax.

"Did you know?" I decided to talk to it since it was already here.

"Hhhmm?" It stares at me while eating more candy.

"I remember how the world was before all of this" I gestured around me with my hands, Orions eyes gleamed.

"Before the Areas?" It smiled.

"Yep, there was grass everywhere, mountains could be seen far off, the sky had the most amazing colors..." I smiled without knowing.

"What do you miss the most?"

I stare at Orion and then I look down thinking about it real hard.

"Jeje the smells" I chuckled a bit.

"Smell?" Jaja I confused the kid again.

"Yeah the smell of the open space, the smell the wind would carry around, things like that"

"It smells okay" Orion sniffed around.

"It's all fake and synthetic, make belief... Me being a dog can notice that"

"Hmmmm... I like you so if you ever need help call my name and I'll appear" Orion smiles.

"Jajaja my hero, then I'll do that kid" I grab the candy and just like that Orion was gone. Still don't know if its a girl or a boy though. I look around and the rain is still going, I make my way to the company. As I enter and a machine dries me off almost instantly I am escorted to a room. When I enter its the kitchen so like I always do I grab a few snacks mostly just candy like chocolate.

"Still got a sweet tooth" When I turned to my left it was Angel entering and grinning. I stood up and hugged him as he patted my head. I noticed then that he grew taller than me. We sat down and we started to talk.

"Dude you have got to stop being overwritten!" I exclaimed and he smiled.

"I won't be anymore" he winked at me.

"What! no way how?" I couldn't hide my excitement.

"I was sent to HQ where they have a great hacker plus medic and since I'm not a correct Owner disconecting such programings from me was easy" he gestured with his hands clearly showing he didn't understand most of what they did to him.