6. Nasir

My headache was milder than before. I struggle to pull myself up with all the strength I could muster.

I was on a bed. A bed on a far end of the room. People were chatting, drinking and listening to the music that filled the room. The source of the music was a mystery. I look around to see Nasir but there were so many subjects in the room that i couldn't focus.

The music stops abruptly. Every eye in the room is staring at a confused me. I get up from the bed and try standing still. When a black cat walks out from a gathering of legs at the bar counter.

"They are just projections in your head, kid. They aren't real" just as Nasir said this, every person and object in the room turned to static and vanished. The room was clean and empty with a few chairs and a table on the other end. A door through which we probably came in and a doorless passage that led to a stairway upward.

"The song you here are from my memories. It was to keep you at ease. It's just you and me here." he said and jumped onto the bed beside me. "You know what?" he added, "It's been a long time since I got a suitable host like you. Your brains are comfortable to take over." saying this, he went quiet, or maybe fast asleep?

Host, huh?

I wondered what was to happen next. A few minutes passed by with nothing but silence so I decided to work my head into remembering, anything I could.

I stare blankly at the far wall and even closed my eyes shut while frowning. Nothing happened except Nasir's low purring. I stroked the cat's head. *Click*

The click was loud and came from the doorless passage. My head turned straight towards the sound. My heart beat a bit faster as a low thud of a door closing sounded ahead of me. I took a quick glance at Nasir who was still sleeping. I gasped when a man appeared at the doorway leaning at its entrance. 

I got up from the low bed thinking how or who he was when Nasir said it was just the two of us!

"Don't panic, it's me Nasir."