11: Agent Asswipe

SOTC: lucky i got what i want — jungle

Annie watched the small, red numbers switch from five to six, six to seven, seven to eight, and eight to nine. On the ninth floor, the elevator halted to a stop, and a ding insinuated that they were at their destination. She looked over at Scott, who still had his cell phone pressed against his ear, talking to rapidly to Stiles. He had stayed behind with Deaton, going over the plan.

"Just grab anything? Stiles, I'm not smelling your dad's boxers. Socks? Okay, I'll smell the socks. We'll head over there, as soon as we're done at Allison's."

Annie looked over, her nose upturned at Stiles even suggesting for Scott to smell his dad's boxers. That was more of a last resort, option. The plan was to pick up on their parents scents, that way they'd have a backup plan if their's went to dust and they couldn't find the Nemeton.

As Allison led the way into her newly adapted apartment, she tried to ignore the silence typically filled by her dad's 80's music or the click of a gun being chambered, as he cleaned the weapon. Just like Annie, she had already lost her mom, she couldn't lose her father, too.

"Annie, you know the combo to the safe, right?" Allison asked, unlocking her front door and pushing the wood open. Annie nodded. "Good, it's the second door on the left."

"What about me?" Isaac asked.

"See what you can find in my dad's closet. Anything with the strongest scent."

Annie, who had already began her pursuit down the hallway, paused slightly before entering the second door on her left, where she knew the armory was located. For some reason, the hairs on the back of her neck were now spiked with anxiety, aware that another presence was near.

She found herself leaning down, pulling out the handy ring dagger she always kept within her boot, and entered the room with a start. Annie paused mid-stride, eyebrows raised, and bitch-face apparent. She stared at the arsenal the police must've spread out to take inventory of, and then looked at the culprit in charge.

"Do you really not have anything better to do with your life, Agent... Agent Asswipe, was it?"

Agent McCall smirked at the young lady's sense of sarcasm. He loved the ones who fought so hard to hide the truth, "Quite an arsenal your uncle's got here, Annie."

"God!" she exclaimed with an exasperated laugh

"God!" she exclaimed with an exasperated laugh. "Does it bother you?"

"What?"

"Knowing you're such a dick wagon."

Scott and Allison ran into her father's office and partial arsenal. The rest of their weapons were locked away in storage areas, safe from Agent McCall and his detectives' prying fingers. She looked between the man who fathered her first love, and Scott, making the connection far before most people would.