Chapter 2 Swimming Pools And Acting Cool

"Hey, hey, hey. Good-morning Raina!" Jace's words blasted through my eardrum.

I kept my eyes close as I reach my hand out and put it on Jace's face and push it away, "Where is the off button on this thing?" I mumbled. I heard Jace chuckle and then my hand fell down since Jace moved his face, HA that rhymed. "Thank you." I sighed. I repositioned myself so that I was more comfortable. I smile grew on my face,until I realized... where is Jace? My eyes snapped open as arms wrapped around me and heaved me up in the air.

"JACCCCEEEEE!!!! Put me down now!" I yelled while starting to laugh.

"Neverrrrrr!!" He yelled back. He through me over his shoulder and started running. I was laughing so hard now and I was also vibrating because Jace was laughing really hard too. He flung the door open and started running out into the heat, even though it was snowing yesterday. We were picking up speed really fast, and I couldn't see anything because my hair was in my face.

"Where are we going speed-jacer?" Jace came to an immediate halt and I smacked into his pack with a thud. He slightly turned his head over his shoulder.

"Did you just call me speed-jacer?"

"Yes, yea I did."

"That is really cheesy."

I shrugged then answered back, "I try. But seriously where are we going?"

"You'll see." Even though I couldn't see his face I know he was smirking. I could hear it in his voice. 

He started running again, and if I thought he was fast last time, the I don't know what to think now. I started getting really bored, so I think I fell asleep. My hair started whipping frantically around my face and a heavy wind was blasting my face. I yawned then let my eyes flutter open. Everything was passing in a blur. My eyes flew open all the way because I was falling!

"AHHHHHHHH!!!!! JAAAACCEE!!!" I screamed while falling who knows how far. I squeezed my eyes close and continued to scream while waiting for the impact of the ground. A shrill gasp escaped my mouth as I plunged into cold water and sunk to the bottom. I lightly hit the bottom of the pull and bounced off of it.

An evil smirk made it's way to my face, as I let my body go limp. You are so going to pay for this Jace. I felt my back surface  and I was hoping Jace was close. Arms wrapped around me and started thrashing me around in the water and then practically throwing me out of the pool onto the grass. I heard a few gasp from people I didn't know. Man, this is killing me. I really wanted to know what these people looked like.

Two hands went on my shoulders and started shaking me really hard.

"Raina! Wake up, come on, I'm sorry! Please, can you hear me?" cried Jace. I was picked up again and laid down gently on a chair.

"Aw, man, Jace you killed her." said some guys voice.  

"Who knows CPR!?" No way. That is not going to happen. A few people shuffled out of the way as heavy footsteps approached. Jace's hand left my shoulder and that's when I started to worry. I felt the heat of another person's body getting very close to mine. The breath of that person crawled across my face. I forgot for a second what was happening.

No. This isn't right.

In one fluid motion, I shoved my hands into that person's chest, jumped out of the chair, and managed to trip and fall onto the ground in a laughing fit. I rolled over and looked over at everyone once my laughter calmed down. Everyone looked shocked and Jace had the stupidest look on his face. I burst out laughing again and in between I managed to say, "Oh- MYGOSH- Jace... y-y-you... should, h-have seen... your face!" A few people looked over at Jace, back at me, yo Jace again, and then they started cracking up laughing too.