Chapter Three

Drop slept dreamlessly throughout the journey, until the car jolted slightly on a pothole

She took in the drastic change in the background. The blue sky had transformed into a deeper shade, dotted with pearl like stars. Glass buildings,  double the size of the brick houses back home, surrounded the turmac road. People bustled by the brightly lit shops, enjoying an evening siesta.

But the wonderfulness of the city wasn't over yet. Up ahead loomed the most beautiful work of masonry Drop had ever seen.

Tons of white marble was chiseled to perfection to form a housing for the Royals.

'It's beautiful!' Drop stared in amazement, as the car coasted smoothly through the glass gates into a drive way laced with red rose bushes.

'Indeed' Rehab too couldn't take her eyes off the magnificence that surrounded her.

They finally stopped in front of the a big stairway. Drop saw a ridiculously large crowd gathered atop the stairs.

'Who are they?'She asked as Vaz open the door for her.

'The Royalty and the Nobles'

'So many of them?'

' Why do you think they have such  a big house' Vaz flashed her a smile . Once again Drop couldn't help but blush a little.

'Welcome!' A middle aged with grey hair man clad in a sapphire blue suit held out his hand to greet Drop. Drop glanced at his violently shivering hand, but shook it anyways.

'I am the Ruler of W-Warda , Sal' He stumbled as he spoke.

'I'am Drop and she is Rehab' Drop indicated at Rehab, who bowed rather in an old fashioned way.

'Pleasure to meet you' Sal waved his hand and the parade of people behind him dispersed in random directions, as if a beehive was disturbed. A few of them still stood by.

' She is my wife, Sophie...' he led Drop to a woman dressed in a gown with a colour similar to Sal's. She had this pretty brown hair and a pale face. She looked the most gentle person Drop had ever met.

'...And this is my daughter Mona' the girl was about the same age as Drop. An elegant mix of her parent's features.  She smiled tautly, certainly not a bit excited.

'Lastly, is Rex. Our commander-in-chief' Rex was a tall man, with jet black hair and intelligent eyes, which seemed to soften as Drop turned to greet him.

'Hello!' Drop held out a hand.

Rex stared at her for sometime. Taking in the wheat colored skin, deep black hair like his. He then shook her hand. And brushed his other hand on top of Drop's head and smiled.

'Pleasure to meet you my child'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

' You shouldn't have brought her here' Rex spoke as he sliced a practise sword towards Vaz. He jumped, at the last moment and the sword cut air.

Dinner wasn't due in an hour. That left plenty of time to practise sword fighting.

'You told me to get as many Dreamers as possible'

Vaz flexed his neck, his bare chest shining in the single lamp's light. He took position and then attacked. Brazing his sword with Rex's.

'She shouldn't be in any danger' Rex turned as Vaz's sword dug into the sand beneath. Rex grabbed Vaz by his neck and flung him onto the sandbed.

'Why? what is so special about her?' Vaz blocked a kill stroke and kicked on Rex's torso. Rex landed roughly on the ground, but had enough time to get up and face Vaz.

'Say it?' Vaz grinned in a taunting way. He lurched forward. Rex was ready. He curved to his right and swished his sword through Vaz's chest. The wound did not bleed, for the sword was blunt. But it left an angry red gash instead.

' She is my daughter'