29• I Got It, I Got You, You Got Me

"Nevaeh if you don't get in the water." Joey said.

"Noooo, I don't wanna."

"Come. I'll jump in with you." He grabbed my hand.

"Joey I said-"

He yanked me off the chair and pushed me in the water then jumped in. I started splashing everywhere thinking I was dying until he held me up.

He laughed. "Chill the fuck out. I got you."

"Joey what the fuck?!" I breathed heavily and held my chest. "I told you...I didn't...want to!"

"Life still goes on. How's the water?" He smiled sweetly.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine."

"Why did I have to do all that to get you in here?" He asked.

"You wouldn't have to do anything if you left me alone to read my wattpad story." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"I don't even know what Wattpad is but you in the water now so I'm happy. We need to take a break from technology and work anyway."

"I guess you're right." I shrugged. "Can you teach me how to swim Joey since I'm in here."

"Sure. Come here." He opened his arms.

"No." I chilled by the steps in the pool.

"Why th-"

"Because Imma die that's why!!" I said sharply.

He chuckled. "You're not gonna die. Come here or you want me to come to you?"

I waited patiently. He already knew the answer. He sighed and swam over to me and grabbed my hands.

"Don't freak the fuck out. Ok? I got you." He looked me in the eyes.

I nodded my head.

"I wanna hear you say ok."

"Ok Joey."

For about fifteen minutes he was teaching me until I got the hang of it and starting swimming like the boss I am.

"Look who's a black ass fish now." Issa said.

"Look who's sitting outside like a little bitch because he didn't listen to me." I shot back.

._. "Stooop." He said lowly.

"That's what I thought." I bucked at him and continued swimming.

Kirk started laughing. "Nevaeh you a fucking bully!"

"No I'm not. It's just Issa trying me and acting like he wants to fight."

"You the one that bitched out when I put my fist up."

"He bullying me again Joey. Did you hear him? Mean ass." I grabbed onto Joey.

"Mhm. I hear it."

• 7:28 p.m •

   We got back in the house and it was basically a party going on. Everyone was still in their swim suits, chilling, eating, and of course some of us smoking in the corner. Jenna got here a couple minutes ago and we were gossiping in the kitchen while leaning on the counter.

"You and Issa kinda cute tho." She took a slice of cake.

"Ugh no. You keep pairing me up with these boys and we not even like that. If anything, Issa is like a brother." I took a bite out of her cake.

"I think Issa's cute." She shrugged.

I gasped. "Yeah?!"

"Don't say anything ok!?"

"I promise but you don't look like the type to fall for that nigga."

Joey walked in the kitchen making his way to the fridge and touched my ass on the way there.

"Excuse me Nevaeh." He said.

"You're excused!" Jenna said loudly.

I snickered.

He shook it off. "Whatchu up to Veah?"

"Nothing."

"Since you ain't up to anything, can I steal you for a little bit?"

"Yeah." I gave Jenna a look and followed Joey to a room.