Chapter 9: Finally.

Sting POV.

Ah.... Sitting with these people is nice... They're rambunctious and interesting like my group... There are a bunch of weird people but they're pretty nice... There's actually a woman, her name's Bisca, she and her husband have started a family. Their little girl is a cutie.

Juvia and Gajeel had disappeared about an hour ago and have yet to come back... They made up some excuse about looking for more firewood... What a load of bullshit.
They seemed rushed and kinda frantic.

"Hey Sting?"

I look over to see Freed. He's one of the people who deals with the technology and barriers to keep them hidden and safe.

"Yeah?"

"Is the man who used the circuit of the Disto to shock them at your camp...?"

"You mean Laxus? Yeah, he's part of my group."

"Really? I love his work! I've heard so many stories of a man who controls electricity, and I finally saw it happen and it was amazing. I've always wanted to ask him so much, he's so cool."

"I'm sure he'd love to meet you."

"You think so? He's just so cool... I don't think a guy like me would interest him..."

I nudge his side.

"Don't think like that. He would really like you."

Freed bites his lip.

"Yeah, maybe... You'll have to introduce us...."

"I can do that."

"Thanks Sting!"

Freed enters another conversation with a guy named.... Max? I think. He cleans up around their camp... He always seems to have a broom at his side.... It's odd.
It's probably a fetish or something...

"HEY BICKSLOW! I NEED SOME OINTMENT OVER HERE!"

My head snaps over to find Gajeel at the entrance.
He was holding a small piece off black fabric in his hand. It was dripping with water which made me notice that he was soaked.

I get up.

"I've got it Bickslow."

I grab a small container of ointment and bring it to Gajeel.

"What's this for?"

"None of your damn business kid."

He walks away after that.
I look around to see everyone was busy talking amongst themselves and I sneak out after Gajeel.

I follow him a little farther behind to be sure he doesn't see me. Once outside completely the hard rain becomes obvious, within seconds I'm soaked.
Luckily since it was so heavy it covers any sounds I make.

After a little while Gajeel enters a small well hidden entrance to an abandoned building.
I follow him with a knife in my hand for safety.
I cautiously look around the pitch black room and sigh inaudibly. It was pointless, I can't see anything...

After a couple of minutes a match was lit a little ways away. It lights a small lantern that practically lights up the whole room.
I take the chance to look around.

The room wasn't very large, it had cracked walls with graffiti all over them. The edges and corners of the room were too dark to see but the room was kinda a mess. There was garbage all over the ground and I could see a few large bugs.
Gajeel stands in the middle of the room.

He walks towards the edge, the light following.
What I saw next hit me hard.

Rogue.