Lucky Feather

After having a pep talk from Snow, Regina walked her way home. The heels of her shoes echoed as she walk on the pavement. She could have just poof herself back there but she liked the idea of walking alone. Long walk in the moonlight makes her think but a part for her wishes that Robin was there to walk with her. They used to have late night walks around town and the forest. She felt his absence now more than ever.

There are a lot of going on inside her head as she get to pass by the Town Hall. Her house is just a few more blocks. The town sounded peaceful. So far there is no news about Mr. Hyde or any signs of casualty around town for the last 12 hours. Or at least that is what they told her. It seems that the Charmings have let her sit this one out. She does not even know if she should thank them or what. It is pretty annoying how they all feel sorry for her that she always have to be the one to butt herself in in order for her to help them. She appreciates what they are trying to do for her. They are giving her time to grieve but the grieving does not help in anyway. She is only reminded of pain that demands to be felt. She needed something to help her mind off it.

Regina finally caught sight of her mansion. The lights on the porch were on. She checked her watch and it was 8:15 in the evening. Henry must have been home already.

"Henry?" She called upon opening the door. No response. She went upstairs in his room and saw him asleep already. It was very unlikely of him. It was sort of too early for him to sleep. Maybe he is just tired at school so she let him be and turned off the light leaving only his night light on.

Henry have been giving her time and space since they got back and have been hanging out with Violet recently but he checks on her from time to time. He visits her in her office after school and been texting her whenever he asks permission that he will be out with Violet. She realized that he is indeed growing up. She watched him sleep soundlessly and then kissed him on the forehead before she left his room.

She went downstairs to get something to drink in the kitchen. She just really feels like drinking the night. She brought out the red wine from the fridge and the wine glass from the cupboard when suddenly a puff of green smoke appeared right in front of her. It was Zelena.

"Zelena, I am not in a mood to talk." She said to her annoyingly as she put down the red wine and the wine glass on the table.

"I think my sister could use a drinking buddy." She said to her. She did not kicked her out of the house. She just let her be there as she get her own wine glass from her cupboard and poured wine on her own glass.

"Aren't you supposed to be watching your daughter?" Regina asked her as Zelena take a sip of the wine.

"I should be. I would have brought my little green bean along but she needs to rest and mommy is needed to be with her little sister." She said to her. Regina was silent. She is suddenly not used to Zelena being a caring sister especially what they both have went through. Zelena seems to be handling the loss of her true love well more than her.

Zelena was waiting for her to talk but Regina does not seem to know what to tell her. Hard to admit but having her sister right now is what she needed more than ever.

"Next time, do not just poof into my house. You could knock the door like a normal person would. I know a blood lock won't stop you from going in and out of my house." Regina told her sarcastically as she take another sip of the wine.

Zelena shrugged and just said, "Oops."

It made Regina smile and Zelena smiled back at her. They both know that they are now in good terms. They both can't shake the thought that there will come a day that they will be both find themselves comfort by drinking together.