Chapter 16

I was staring at the ceiling fan. The sun was slowly making it's way up. I couldn't sleep the entire night. Gales words kept ringing in my ears. I got up and came downstairs. I turned the tv on but nothing interesting was on. I rested my head against the arm rest and closed my eyes. Maybe I was tired that's why I drifted off to sleep so quickly.
********************

I entered the school halls and made my way to my locker. Bonnie was right next to me. I was sleepy and all I could think about was going to sleep.

"Louie! Wake up." Bonnie called from my side. I gave her a tired look.

"Couldn't sleep." I nodded taking a big yawn. I was extremely lazy at that moment so didn't even consider covering my mouth while yawning.

I was still yawning like a beast when I turned my head to my right and saw Dean giving me a judging look. Did I even care at this point. The answer was no. I was dead inside and I didn't care what people thought about me.

"Ever considered covering your mouth you Animal." Bonnie exclaimed.

"But....I'm tired and I wanna go to sleep." I said while yawning again.

I made my way to class Bonnie right next to me. Today was going to be a very long day..!!!!
******************
I was sitting under the bleachers in the ground. The sky was grey and the wind was blowing. The weather was just the way I like it to be. I ate my sandwich in silence while listening to music.

"There you are!" I turned my head to see Bonnie approaching me. She sat next to me.

"Why so alone?" She said taking my earphones off.

"What! I was listening to it." I said taking my phone from her.

"I'm sure you were, Sweetie" she snatched my phone back and turned the music on. Currently 'Lean on' was playing.

"When the night was warm. We were bold and young!." Bonnie chanted along." Your turn."

"All around the wind blows. We could only hold on to let go." I sang along.

"Wow your pathetic." She joked.

"Well you weren't Lady Gaga yourself." I replied and we both laughed.

All of a sudden something feel on my head. "Ow!" I exclaimed rubbing my head.

I looked up to see a pair of familiar grey eyes staring back.

"Sorry." He said.

"You blind or something!" Bonnie argued.

"Bon leave it." I said getting up and coming out of the bleachers. Bonnie followed me out.

Gale stepped down and approached us. "Was it Cheese cake who I shouted at." She whispered to me.

"Hmm"

"Oh"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." He said taking the box out of my hand.

"Don't worry about it." I replied not making eye contact. Awkward silence started setting in.

"I have to go." I replied cutting through the silence and walked inside.
**********************
GALE
She was looking breath taking the other night . If only she knew how beautiful she looked in that dress. I stopped myself from giving her kiss the other night and I guess only I know how much I struggled in doing that.

It's getting harder for me to restrain myself around her. She's the girl to ever have an effect like that on me.

  Even Emily and Mum commented on how beautifully she was dressed. Dad thought she was a nice girl. Emily already kept pointing out my feelings for her. If only lucinda understood them as well.
**********************
I was having my lunch on the bleachers when I heard someone sing 'lean on'.I looked around no one in sight. I looked down to see Lou and her friend sitting there. All of a sudden my juice box slipped out of my hand and fell on her head.

"Ow!" She exclaimed and looked up in my direction.

Damn! She came out and so did her friend. I took the box from her while she left leaving me and her friend there. I was still looking at her leave when her friend snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"What?" I asked.

"Seriously! SYML! Is that how someone tells someone that they love them." She asked a little frustrated.

"Well she likes the song. The lyrics are good. I thought she'll understand." I replied in defense.

"Well you could have said something else....uh..like " Our love is like the wind you can't see it but feel it or Just the way you are!" She replied.

Well come to think of it I guess I could've said that as well.

"Now what did you want me to do, Sing "Can't help but falling in love." I replied.

"Well yeah!" She said.

"Look if you like her then it's great. I'll even ship you two but if your looking..."

"I actually like her!" I finally admitted it to someone.

"I know. Plus if you want her to trust you then be there." She said.

"Where?"

"No not where! I meant be there for her like you've been so far."

"I know."

She looked at me with judging eyes and then left.
I know it would take her some time to
Trust me or anyone in that case . And I was willing to wait just for her sake.

I walked back inside when all of a sudden Ashley blocked my way.

"So Gale I was just wondering that the 60s dance is just next week so I would love it if you took me as your date." She said while leaning seductively towards me.

I sighed and looked away from her to see Lucinda walk by us. For a moment our eyes locked. She yawned but then turned back towards the book in her hand. Bonnie was with her and passed me a judging look. I turned back to Ashley.

"Look Ash no hard feelings but I already have decided who I'm taking to the dance."

"But how could you reject me for some low-life. I mean take a girl of your standard." She replied.

"Well I am rejecting the low-life and hoping that the girl of my standard agrees." With that I left leaving her and her squad stunned.

I know it's gonna be hard to convince her But I sure do hope that she agrees to come with me.
               **********************