Chapter Veinte

The ride was very quiet because all that I did was stare out into the window.
"Hey are you okay?" Tyler asked "the radio is off."
I nodded slowly.
"Parker I know you. You're not okay." He said
I thought of what to say.
"Tyler," I said looking at him for the first time since I got into the car. "I think I tried to kill Becky."
"What?!" He asked
"I tried to kill her." I repeated "She just got on my nerve and something took over in my brain and I wasn't thinking. I think my mind was saying hit my finisher and that's what my body did. I don't know what would have happened if Adrian wasn't there. And I really need to start think about my career! I've been doing such stupid things lately and I'm honestly surprised I didn't get fired! And then god dang it! I asked Adrian out! What the heck am I doing?! I have no control over my life!"
"Parker!" Tyler yelled "Calm the heck down! You have as much control over your life as you want. But you have to control your actions. You tried to kill a person. I don't even know how to react to that. Like I can't even punish you in training for this. I don't want to. You came to me as a friend. Just please be more careful. Anytime you feel like that again just run. Every time you want to go back, run harder. Next off. Adrian. You want me to keep you out of dating so that's what I'm going to do. Text him saying that you want to have brunch. Don't get ready. Tonight why your raggist cloths. Don't do anything in the morning. Just go. Then just screw everything up. No manners. Neville will be like, oh no. I'm not dating that monster!"
I nodded and turned on the radio.
Out of nowhere I asked a random question. "Do I look like a killer?"
"No of course not. I don't think 'killer' when I hear Parker Gene." Tyler explained
"What do you think."
"A complete nobody."
"Geez Tyler, you need to stay out of my shadow if you think that of yourself." I laughed "but seriously."
"You want to know, what I think of you?" He asked "out of everybody, me."
"Yeah." I answered
"Whatever happened to the 'I don't care what anyone thinks of me' girl?"
"Well certain opinions matter." I replied
"I think you need to eat less junk food. What did you gain? 5 pounds?" He asked
"Yeah. But that's because I doubled my everything. Weight, cardio, and resistance." I answered proudly
"Ooh Parker. Big 2 pounds now you're lifting." Tyler jokes
"You wish you could lift that much." I snapped
"Besides all the joking around I'm proud of you. 300 pounds now. That's 150 more than last week. Good girl."
Good girl. Good.
"I'm tuning heel." I spat.
"Oh." Tyler answered after a moment of silence.
"I don't want too. But after all the trouble I could have got into, I have to if I want a job. They're doing this cheating gimmick thing. So I'm probably gonna win a bunch of matches." I explained
"Well that's good... Kinda."
"Probably gonna end up kissing the whole roster then," I sighed
"You have to trust Hunter a little. He has more brain than his wife and Vince if ya ask me. He'll turn this into something good."
"I don't really like Hunter." I admitted "I don't know why.  Just something about him."
"Try talking to him." Tyler suggested
"Like that will work." I rolled my eyes
"That's how I got on his good side. Get on his good side."
"I'll try." I decided
I want to say it so badly! Crap it, I'm doing it!
"No need to be his servant anymore. I cleared that up. You don't need to be my coach anymore either. Go out and improve yourself more than others." I said
"Parker, helping you makes me better. You learn more from others than you ever can from yourself." Tyler told me "Geez I wouldn't be half as good as I am without you and others. I'm not stopping be your coach. Ever. Even when I move up and you're still down here. No offense but we both know I'm moving up before you."
I nodded at the truth.