First

Author POV-

"How dare you?! What about Elle, huh?! You want her to think that shit's OK? And if you even think I'll want to 'work this out', then you got me fucked all the way up! Get your shit, and get the fuck out of my house, you selfish bastard!", the room was filled with curses as Janice had brought Elle and Sunny inside of the small house. Little Elle listened in confusion at the sound of her parents', mostly her mom, aggressive and loud yelling.

Baby Sunny was squirming and whining in the arms of Janice, which naturally grasped the attention of Mrs. Knowles, causing her to snap her head in the direction of the front door. "Beyonce, take Solange to your room and watch her. I'll come tuck you in in a little while.", she instructed before patiently waiting for Elle to take ahold of Sunny and take her to the room.

As Elle put Sunny down on their bed, she heard her mom yelling at her father and the babysitter in her native tongue before shutting the door, "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO THIS! AND WITH HER, YOU COULDN'T AT LEAST FIND A WOMAN YOUR AGE! YOU HAD TO FIND A FUCKING CHILD TO CHEAT WITH! YOU, YOU'RE FIRED, AND YOU...GETCHO ASS OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

After about fifteen minutes, Elle had put pajamas on her young sister and herself and had laid down, cuddled up with Sunny with her arm over her protectively. With the cease in yelling and expletives in the air, silence and darkness had enveloped her and sleep threatened to take over. The soft creaks of the floorboards were as faint as a whispered secret in the wind, the light from the cracked door was as dim as a star burning three galaxies over, and the sound of her weeping mother saying 'I love you' was drowned out by the barrier of Rest that covered the small children.

The next morning was pretty much the same, Elle woke up to Baby Sunny poking her cheek and cute, no, adorable little squeals left the toddler as drool threatened to fall from her other finger, which was in her mouth. "Good Morning, Sunny. Wanna go see Mami? Or you wanna eat?", Elle baby talked to the little child, who was just giggling and smiling with saliva trailing down her chubby arms. Elle giggled at the baby and through her fingers, she said her first words: "Mama!"

Special Shout Out

ShaniceMcguire
larrygirlwifey
Mickeybourgeois
D

iamond_DuBose