Chapter 1

April's P.O.V

My name is April Patterson and I'm 23 years old. I play for the L.A. Sparks. I have the biggest crush on Blake Griffin, who plays for the L.A. Clippers.

My dream is to date him.

I have his skin color (in which I'm hyped), black hair that is 10 inches beneath my shoulder blades, Hazel eyes, and I'm 6'1".

Blake is only 9 inches taller than me.

I am 115 pounds. I had just got out of a relationship with Chris Andersen a.k.a birdman, who plays for the Miami Heat. Well anyway getting to the main story.

*****

We had just won a game against the Minnesota Lynx. The score was 113-119.

I was leaving the locker room with one of my closest friends. Her name is Candace Parker. We have a lot in common. Like how we both started basketball at an early age.

Yeah I know.

We have been besties since I started on this team.

We decided to go to the bar to celebrate our win.

We walked into the 'club'. We went straight to the bar. I sat on the stool with Candace next to me. We ordered our drinks.

"I would like a red bull"I say

"me too"Candace says

3 minutes later, the bartender comes back with our drinks.

"here you go ladies"he says handing us the drinks

"thanks"we say

"can I have your autographs please?"he ask

"sure"we say

He hands us a sheet of paper.

"to who are we signing this to?"I ask

"my daughter Malashia"he says

"ok"I say

I take out my pen and start writing the note.

To: Malashia

Stay cool and stay in school. Remember a Spark is always a Spark. Never give up on what's true to you. Good luck! :)

Love,
        April ❤️

I pass the paper to Candace. She writes her little note then hands him the paper.

"Thank you guys so much, she will love this"he says

"No problem"I chuckle

"You're welcome"Candace says chuckling also

He smiles then walks over to his next customer.

"That guy is nice"I say

"Yeah"she says

We sip some of our drink. I hear laughing voices somewhere near us. I turn around and see Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, De'Andre Jordan (a.k.a DJ), and some other team mates.

Blake turns his head to look at me. We make eye contact for 20 seconds. He smiles then waves. I do the same back. He then laughs and turns back to his team mates. I turn and look at Candace who seems tired.

"You tired?"I ask

"Hell yeah"she says

"Okay, let's go then"I say

"Alright"she says

We pay the guy for our drinks then leave.

Blake's P.O.V