Anniversary

Well, first fanfic! Hope you like it

-—-—-—-—--------------

It was Neji's and Gaara's first year anniversary of being together, so obviously they wanted to spend the day together.
"So where are we going to go today?" Asks Gaara lightly.
"I was thinking of just taking it easy," Neji replies. "Maybe just walk around then have dinner at home."
Gaara nods and smiles softly.
"Where should we go?" Gaara questions.
"How about around that park with the Japanese tea garden?" Suggests Neji.
"It's peaceful and pretty and a nice place to walk around."
Gaara agrees. After the couple get their sweatshirts and shoes on, they walk out of their shared apartment, hand in hand. The two walk towards the park. After about 10 minutes, they arrive at the tea garden.
"Here we are," says Neji.
    Gaara smiles in reply as they walk through the gates. It was beautiful inside, cherry blossoms covered the sky and the ground, floating down as wind rushed through the branches. Gaara's eyes widen at the sight, Neji who has been here before, smiles at the red head's expression. The couple walked past a small waterfall that fell into a river, and the two walked onto a bridge going across. Gaara tugged on Neji's sleeve, signaling him to stop for a moment.
    "Neji, look," says the redhead quietly.
    The brunette looks down on the shorter boy. "What is it?"
    Gaara points down at the river, where flashes of white, orange, and red were visible, weaving through the currents of the river.
           "You like koi fish, Gaara?"
           "I've never really seen a koi fish before..."
Neji smiles and ruffles Gaara's soft red hair, causing Gaara to pout and puff his cheeks.
"Stop~" he whines.
           "You can be really cute sometimes" Neji says as he continues to mess with his hair.
    "Neejjjiiiiii stoooooppp!" Gaara whines, then runs from the bridge while sticking his tongue out at the older teen. Neji runs over to Gaara and Gaara, realizing what was happening, ran away from the brunette with a teasing look.
    "Try and catch meeee!" the redhead says with laughter in his voice.
            "You can run, but you can't hide!"
    Gaara glances behind him, then picks up speed. But he forgot that Neji had longer legs than him, he was closing the gap between them quickly
    "Nooo!" Gaara tries to go faster, but that only causes him to trip on a rock and fall face first. Neji wasn't able to stop in time, so he tripped over Gaara's legs and fell straight on top of him.
    "Ow~" Gaara feels a weight on his back. He looks up to see that Neji was laying on top of him, his long hair in his face.
          "Look what you did now," Neji complains with laughter in his eyes.
    Gaara hangs his head, but only hits the ground again. He looks up at Neji with puppy eyes, pushing his bottom lip out a bit.
    "I'm sowwy, neko," he says with mock sadness. "Will you ever forgive me?'
           Neji bows his head in defeat. "Of course I forgive you panda" he says with equal mock sadness.
    "Yay!" Gaara squeals. "My cuteness beats everything!"
          "Well it obviously can't save you from a rock"
    "Meanie."
          "How about I make it up to you by buying us some Japanese tea?" Neji suggests.
    Gaara nods, then tries to get up. He looks at Neji with a face that said Excuse me, please get off. Neji quickly scrambles off Gaara awkwardly, stands up and brushes off the dust on his pants. Gaara stands up as well, but then he felt his nose start running.
    "Aww, Gaara, you got yourself a bloody nose," Neji scolds the redhead.
    Gaara raises a non existent eyebrow at the brunette. "Can you at least give me a tissue?"
          "I have no pockets, how am I supposed to carry a tissue?" Neji says, putting his hands on his hips.
    Gaara sighs, then tilts his head up to slow the bleeding. After a bit, the bleeding stops but there is still blood dripping onto his chin. Neji shakes his head, then licks his thumb and starts cleaning Gaara's face. The redhead blushes lightly and looks away while Neji continues to clean his face.
    "Come on, let's go get some tea then we can go home," says Neji.
    "Ok."
    The couple start walking to the garden's tea shop and get some tea. After they paid, they left the garden and headed back to their shared apartment.
    "What would you like to eat?" asks Neji from the kitchen.
    Gaara ponders on the question, then decides on one of his favorite foods.
    "Gyūtan and rice," he calls from where he was laying on the couch, looking at one of his potted cactus plants that was sitting on the windowsill.
    After a while, a delicious smell wafts into the living room where Gaara was lying. This brought the redhead out of his trance of staring at cacti and walked into the kitchen. He leaned in the doorway, watching the brunette place the food on plates. Neji looks up, bringing some hair behind his ear.
"What?" he asks.
"I smelled your great cooking so I came to see if it was ready," Gaara replies.
Neji blushed and looked back to fixing their dinner. Finally, he placed everything on a tray and walked to the small dining room. He placed the tray down and looked back at Gaara, smiling.
"Food's ready!" he said cheerfully.
Gaara smiles back and sits down across from Neji. The brunette looked at Gaara with a worried look as the redhead takes a bite.
"Is it good?" he asks. "Do you like it? Did I burn any-" Gaara cut him off by leaning over the table and placing a finger on the Hyuuga's lips.
"It's perfect," says Gaara with an amused expression at Neji's worrying.
Neji blushed and smiled as he began to eat. The two ate in silence for several minutes, just enjoying the food and each other's company.
"Ow!"
Gaara looked up from his food when he heard Neji yelp and a knife clattering on a plate. The brunette had his thumb in his other thumb and index finger and examining it. Gaara stood up and walked to Neji's side, crouched down, and took his hand in his. There was a little cut and a drop of scarlet was dripping from it.
"First I get a bloody nose and now you cut yourself," Gaara scolds.
"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention I guess," Neji says, embarrassed.
Gaara then takes Neji's thumb in his mouth. Neji looks at the redhead in surprise, but doesn't take his hand away. After a moment, Gaara takes Neji's thumb from his mouth and stood up.
"Hold on, let me get something," he says then walks to the bathroom.
When he comes back, he wraps a bandage around his thumb and plants a kiss on Neji's head.
"You should be more careful, neko," Gaara says softly.
Neji nods and smiles lightly. Gaara then walks back to his seat and the two begin to eat again.
"Thank you for the food neko!" Gaara says when he finishes eating.
"You're welcome panda," Neji says, and starts to collected to dishes when Gaara stops him.
"Let me do it," he says.
"But-"
"I'll do it."
Neji sighs in defeat and puts the plates down. "Alright, then I'll make the tea."
Gaara smiles and collects the dishes, then starts washing them. When he finishes, Neji is sitting in the living room with the tea. The redhead sits down next to Neji.
"You're going to work yourself to death," Gaara says, laying his head on the older teen's shoulder.
"Well it's not everyday that it's our anniversary."
"I know."
Neji takes his cup and takes a sip. Gaara does the same and they sit in silence again until they both finish. The Hyuuga stands up, causing Gaara to fall.
"Hey~!" the redhead whines.
Neji places his hands on his hips. "You need to pay attention then."
"But i'm tired..."
"Too tired to get up?"
"Maybe."
Neji smiles and picks Gaara up bridal style, causing Gaara to blush madly, even competing with his hair.
"N-Neji?" he stutters. "What are you doing?"
"You said you were tired so i'm putting you to bed," Neji replies.
"I'm not a little kid, Neji."
"You are to me."
Gaara pouts, but doesn't say anything more. When they arrive at Gaara's room, Neji places him down gently on the bed. He throws the covers over Gaara, making the redhead giggle as they land softly over his head. He peeks out from the sheet to see Neji turning off the light and about to leave the room.
"Neji~" Gaara whines.
"Hmm?"
"Don't leave, I'll feel lonely."
Neji smiles softly as he walks back to the bed.
"So am I just supposed to stand here until you fall asleep?" he asks, amused.
"No." Gaara then grabs Neji's wrist and pulls him onto the bed. "You get to sleep too."
Neji blushes lightly, but doesn't object. He places a kiss on Gaara's forehead. After a moment, he heard soft snoring and smiles, petting Gaara's soft red hair, slowly getting tired himself.
"Goodnight panda~" Neji murmurs.
"Goodnight neko," Gaara murmurs back.
Neji looks at Gaara in surprise, but smiles a moment after.
"Love you.." was the last thing Gaara said before falling asleep.
"I love you too, baka."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well there you go. I know that Gaara and Neji were really OOC (especially Gaara) and I'm sorry about that. But other than that, we hope you liked it and if you have any ideas for a one shot for these two, then that would be awesome if you messages us or commented. Thanks for reading!

Peace out!